Smoking helps my ADHD

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by adhdsmoker, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Hey all,

New to the forums and glad to be here. I am a smoker who sees the benefits with ADHD. I have severe ADHD, so the hyperactive part keeps my brain working overtime. Great for multitasking but sometimes I cant get it to shut down. Instead of pumping prescription drugs in my brain, I'd rather use a natural method.

2. me too. i have adhd and i used to take ritalin and clonodine for it but i stopped taking those and now i just smoke weed to help it.

3. Doe's the opposite for me. I have ADD (more severe then most others, but not ADHD) and I learned to control it by self-control.

Weed completely removes the barrier I made, and I act like a fucking animal. I love it.

4. Smoking does a lot for my concentration. I can get things done when I am high, that I couldn't before it seems. Reading is a lot more difficult, concentration wise. I'm more organized and just tend to be less forgetful when I smoke. Go figure. I take prescripts too though. :-/

5. I'm on adderall xr 25mg. It def helps but it only lasts about 8 hours. Add the fact that all that stimulant works your heart very hard. I only use it for the work week and on days off I smoke.

Funny how its ok to take a med that is 1. a known stimulant. 2. Is very hard on your body. You know how they tell you to cut the caffeine, hell, thats childs play next to amphetamines.

Pot ....well my mind may slow down ( THATS WHAT I WANT) and I may have minor memory loss by the time im 80 ( and by then I dont care anyway).

So...what was I saying..fuck it I have ADHD. :)

6. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was only four years old. And up until I was about 13 or 14 I let them shove any methylphenidate or amphetamine based pill down my throat. I've been on adderal, ritalin, concerta, straterra, daytrana, and probably a few others I forgot.

Then I decided I was tired of the weight loss (i'm still underweight), tired of the stomach cramps, and tired of not having an appetite. Plus it kept me up at night. I wouldn't be surprised if I have some sort of sleep apnea now (I toss and turn for an hour or two before sleep comes) and like I said I'm still underweight...I'm 5' 8" and only weight 125, it kinda blows.

FUCK pharmaceuticals. I stay away from probably 90% of prescribed meds. The only ones I can stand are codeine and antibiotics. I guess ibuprofen is ok too. Even though all three of those still hurt you in some way.

ADHD fucking sucks.

7. Lol. Aderall Is THE SHIT! But It Has Its Pros And Cons, Just Like And Other Meds... I Highly Recomend It To Anyone Who Is Prescribed Ritalin ( Has Many Bad Side Effects ) Or Something Else. Just Ask Your Doc For A Prescription Change To Aderall Cuz You Hate That Other Stuff.

8. Aderall is a terrible thing dude. They practically have the same side effects. And if I remember correctly my sleeplessness and lack of appetite were worse with the aderall than with any other ADHD med I took.

9. Oh, The Aderall Works The Best For Me :/ Sorry Bout That.

10. Oh I know it works. All these meds "work". They do suppress my ADHD, but the side effects are fucking ridiculous.

I acted like a fucking zombie whenever I was on that shit. To the point where my friends would even say something "Ricky, did you take your meds today? You don't act yourself when you take them, we like the energetic crazy Ricky!" Sounds like something out of an above the influence ad, huh? Lol, yup.

11. I have ADD and was prescribed some bullshit drug wellbutrin. Never ended up taking it, but all it did was get me high, the first day I took it I tried driving to the store and I was f'ed up, even though it is considered "Mild" when compared to adderall, its not even an amphetamine I believe, but I really do not like the idea of building up free radicals in my body and paying for it later. I would much rather vape up some weed and not worry about the adverse effects.

12. #12 DJam, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2010
    Yhea, I Hear You. I Hardly Take My Aderall, Only When I Feel I Have To ( Like For A Test Or Some Thing I Do Not Want To Be Destracted Durring ) I Sell Most Of My Aderall To Some Guys At School For 2$ A mg Cuz ... I Dont Use It Really So... Lol Whatever 20mg Pill For 40$ ... Im Cool With That... Though It Doesnt Fix My ADHD... :p