Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking From a Pipe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by johnkasey, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Ive been smoking for a lil while now but only joints/spliffs/cones and im intrested in buying a pipe, but i was wondering before i invest in one, does it actually smoke well? does it give you the same high as cones? is it smooth? or very harsh?

any details you can give me would help me a great deal,

thanks!

2. all depends on material used wood,glass,stone etc... just invest in a bong way nicer hit

3. Nothing to me feels more elegant while sergin than hitting a hand blown glass pipe

4. forget a pipe. buy a cheap bong at your local head shop. bong > pipe:bongin:

5. i was intrested in a pipe just because its alot smaller and easier to carry around, you cant have a bong in your pocket : /

are the hits from a glass pipe really that much worst then a bong? more descriptive detail on what the hits are like would be GREATLY appreciated

6. When I first started smoking I always used pipes but for the longest time I've either been hitting the bong or rolling up a j. When I smoke pipes now I get fucked up... it kills my throat though but still gets me the highest.

7. i own a vape and a spoon pipe..i use the vape when im by myself and the pipe with friends

8. A bong would get you higher faster is basically the reason it's better, and it's more conservative of your ganja. But to answer the original question, yes pipes smoke the same as joints and whatnot. Though I believe a j or anything that is consistently burning would use up more weed. Investing in a pipe than would get you weed saving, one less step to get high, and your very one personal smoking device and in my opinion just as good if not better hit's than a j. So I would say just go into a smoke shop and find something that just says you.

9. Go with glass. The carb will make the hits fairly smooth. Won't be smoother than a bong obviously, but they're always nice because you can guage your hits. Sometimes I take hits that are way too big in bongs and they kill me. I come back to life feelings great, but it's not that stealthy lol.

10. #10 Blaxmith, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2010
    i HIGHLY recommend a small/pocket-sized pipe.

the first piece i owned was a tiny glass pipe, about 3 inches long. it could fit in any pockets, in addition to a small pill case which kept my bud. this was back in HS when i lived with my mom and i had to be sneaky.

pipe's are smoother than blunts and joints. the air you inhale is gonna be really hot if its a small pipe, similar to joints/blunts, but since there is no additional material burning, its a smoother/more pure hit.

you'll also need to buy some screens, so you never get ash in your mouth, which is gross. I loved having a pipe... I miss it :( the coppers smashed it!! the jerks..

seriously dont let anyone tell you pipes suck. they're pro. they're actually more efficient than bongs, because the water takes up some of the thc. obviously they're way better than joints/blunts, which continue to burn after the hit. with pipes, you can make sure you only light enough for your hit, so it conserves weed, which is beneficial in ALL situations: group smokes, blazing alone.

11. thanks for this very detailed respons, do you know any good pipes in particular i should be looking to buy in the 30-100$ range? what size is best? and how much are the ''screeners''?

12. don't spend 100$ on a pipe. spend 30$-40 and the most

13. money isnt to much of a issue, im looking for a quality pipe that will be enjoyable and last

14. #14 Blaxmith, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2010
    well when you're checking out pipes to buy, when you hold it, heavier = better, because that means the glass is thicker. when you're picking a pipe, bigger/deeper bowls = better (more weed per bowl), the size depends because smaller pipes are easier to carry around, but a longer mouthpiece/chamber will allow more smoke to fill up and probably a little bit cooler on your throat.

just go to your local smoke shop, check out their selections, and just go for something that catches your eye. then check it out, see if its up to par with what you want. if you live with people that arent cool with you smoking, then smaller pipes are desirable because they're far easier to hide. but if this isnt a big deal, then size isn't really a factor that matters much.

it's all subjective in the end. as long as the glass is nice and thick, and it has a carb, then just go for whatever piques your eye :wave:

btw yeah even good quality glass pipes are only $25-$40, so don't get ripped off thinking you're getting something of higher quality simply because it has a high price tag.

at my smoke shop, theres a little packet of like 7-8 pipe screens for like $1.25 or something. they're super cheap, and extremely worth it. after you use it a lot, the screen will get all charred up, and you'll wanna switch it out. fresh screens hit sooo much smoother.

15. thanks again for the very detailed respons, im looking at some pipes atm on grass city

so far these have caught my eye: (let me know what u think)

1. Cool Liquid Glass Pipe - English - Grasscity.com
    2. Brass pipe De luxe - English - Grasscity.com
    3. Budbat Silver - English - Grasscity.com
    4. Cannabuds Pipe - Don Cannabinol - English - Grasscity.com

16. I think you should get a little bubbler for like 20 bucks, i love bubblers cuz all you need is a bottle of water somewhere near you and you got a smooth hitting portable waterpipe anywhere you take it, the only thing that sucks about them is they clog pretty easy but usually a dry pull with a flame clears them out pretty good

17. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't buy a metal pipe. They get very hot when you smoke them as the heat is transferred through metal more easily. If you live near any local headshops you should be able to get a good medium size glass spoon for 10-30 bucks. Pipes are easily the most convenient toking tool, if you are going to be using it only at home then yes i would get a bong/bubbler but a pipe the smartest first purchase.

18. I'd say get a little glass piece. A lot of people are saying to get a bong, but I think a nice little dry piece is better for a newer smoker, it'll be easier to control the size of your hits and you won't get stoned too fast. Or you could get a nice hammer that could be used wet or dry.

19. It's better to just invest in either a bong or a vaporizer.

20. Go get a little glass pipe (a spoon) never fails to get me blown