Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking everyday

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by starmie, Nov 23, 2012.

1. I've been smoking literally every day for the past ~3 months.
    I did not realize how much of a habit it became until just recently. I'll smoke in the morning, and then again at night, and at least a few times in between if I have plans with friends that day.

I'm just curious as to see if anyone (I'm sure a lot of people have) has gone through this sort of phase where they smoke every day but then they quit?

I think I'm starting to experience negative side effects.. I'm a lot more irritable and stuff when I'm sober. I guess I over did it. How do you think I should kick this bad habit? How many times should I smoke a week?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thats how it goes for alot of people, including me. Start off smoking once every so often, then once a month,week, day and it became every day like 5 times for 5 or 6 months, i was always tired and my highs werent even that great.

What i did was say, ok mike you can no longer live the lifestyle of that complete stoner, its too expensive and i was too lazy. So ive cut back to bong hits at night before sleep.

3. That's the point I'm at now - I'll smoke, but I'll literally be high for only 30 minutes - an hour TOPS and then I have to smoke again and it's a huge hassle.

It's just so hard to kick a bad habit I guess. How did you manage it? I think a huge part in it is I'm in a clinical study and I *may* be on Buspar, so all these meds may be messing with me too.

4. [quote name='"starmie"']I've been smoking literally every day for the past ~3 months.
    I did not realize how much of a habit it became until just recently. I'll smoke in the morning, and then again at night, and at least a few times in between if I have plans with friends that day.

I'm just curious as to see if anyone (I'm sure a lot of people have) has gone through this sort of phase where they smoke every day but then they quit?

I think I'm starting to experience negative side effects.. I'm a lot more irritable and stuff when I'm sober. I guess I over did it. How do you think I should kick this bad habit? How many times should I smoke a week?[/quote]

Just stop for a few days. Make sure you stay occupied and positive. How much you smoke depends on each person, just make sure you don't blow all your money on weed/drugs. Save dat shit *****! As for when your sober and feing irritable, try drinking plenty of water and tune into yourself and how you feel once an hour. Once you know how you feel you can do something about it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. i know exactly what you mean, last about three years been smoking on and off. I've blazed for 3-4 months straight then straight to a tolerance break for 6 weeks. Even though I don't get that feeling I have to smoke, I still get cranky sometime. Definitely take in a lot of water, watch what you eat and also exercise. How much to smoke really depends on school, availability of bud, and just getting stuff done in 2-3 times a week would be safe.

6. Smoke everyday. I can tolerate not having it.

7. When I moved out and didn't have to be so sneaky about being high around my parents, I got high all day everyday for about 4 months. It made me lethargic, started to get depressed, have bad anxiety and lack motivation. Too much of a good thing can be bad.

Now I only smoke every night, mostly to destress after work. Indicas knock me out and I sleep good.

8. #8 zeroshawdow, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
    If you do this responsibly, it will become a lifestyle !

I have found this lifestyle as good as any lifestyle you could think of. However; you must have your shit straight and your mentality in line, other wise prepare for a bumpy road.

I know a lot people preach about if you want to smoke, grow your own. I also read and heard 90% of the people that smoke;

"But, I don't know or I don't want to grow"

But guess what ? is true. Is just a plant, no different than a tomatoes or a rose. People starve sometimes because they want. Everybody has the chance to learn how to grow something in the OUTDOORS (Vegetable, Flowers, etc). I run a my own vegetable garden since 2010 in my backyard. We don't buy the most common vegetables any more. Neither Marijuana. In addition, I know exactly what I'm smoking and putting into my lungs. But, to each, to their own, some will say.

When I start smoking about 4 years ago FULL TIME, I did told the wifey;

"I'd better learn how to grow if I want to keep smoking marijuana at this pace, otherwise I got to quit then, because I won't fall into the myth, marijuana is addictive or some sort of, neither spent my well earned money with a shady dealer or just waiting to be a statistic number at the police"

Marijuana is not bad, neither is smoking everyday. However; you take chemical medications. You can't ignore that maybe those pills are interfering with your effects. But like some of the blades already said:

"Keep you mind busy, find a hobby, read, learn a trade ... what ever suits you well"

Take this words from a person that is medicated 24/7. I vape or hit the pipe every two hours since I wake up, every day. however; I don't do it, if I have to do Logical and Accurate ANALISYS at my current projects. In other words, be responsible about it and smoke if you know you are alright. Otherwise, just take a break and tomorrow will be a better day :)

HTH

ZS

9. Shiiit, if i have weed im high, thats why i only have weed a few days a week lol. I cant make it last for shit.

10. I set a budget on what I'm going to spend on bud a week then once it's out I'm done for the week. You need to save alot of your cash bro. If you smoke that much look into vaps. You can get high off half a bowl and Finnish it later and do this for 4 days... With a g.. Haha

• Like Like x 1

11. What he says ^^^^^^^ is 100% true !

12. If you are a responsible person, with priorities in line, you can smoke everyday.

I smoke everyday when I wake up, and before I got to sleep, and I do just fine. Im in college and get great grades, have a great social life, give more than enough attention to my girlfriend, and yet still have time to get high, relax, and play video games. Smoking weed is no longer a habit for me, but my lifestyle. And maybe its different because i live in Colorado, but pretty much every person i interact with everyday smokes weed, or at least does every once and a while.

Now, smoking weed everyday can be very detrimental to people that let it consume them. DONT DO THIS. dont rely on weed to be happy. let the weed be your treat after a long day. dont smoke weed if you have school work, or a busy day ahead. just refrain and do everything you need to do before you toke up:smoke:

and money wise, i just take one hitter snaps out of the bong and only go through about .5 - gram of weed a day

• Like Like x 1
  13. I feel the same as you right now OP. in the summer i smoked like 2-4 days a week. Then the last 3 months at school i have smoked 1-4 times everyday since I don't have to sneak around my parents there. I Love being so relaxed and stress free all the time and I still do well in school but I really just can't continue to afford it. I only have an income of a 100/mo. I smoke about 2gs a week so around $100 a month then I have no money for food/gas/events and so my bank account keeps slowly declining. Im thinking bout cutting back to b/c i also get irritable if i dont smoke all day

14. I know this feeling. Find a hobby and this won't happen. Is all in your head. Remember playing Video Games is not a hobby. Although create Video Games it is :)

15. I appreciate all the responses! I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet that said "What's wrong with smoking everyday?" lol.

I honestly think I am not the type of person to make it a lifestyle :p I just enjoy it as it calms me down sometimes. But those are some good words to go by - smoke if you know you are alright. I'm going to start going by that principle from now on.

Yeah, it's a hard habit to break. I don't want to quit entirely, but I want to cut back down to 3 - 4 times a week TOPS and leave it at that. I figured my main issue is the fact that I *COULD* smoke whenever I wanted to right now because I have bud. I feel like it would be a lot easier to control myself if I simply didn't have any to smoke. But you and me are pretty much in the same position lol.

16. Yep, I felt uninspired day after day and then I had no desire to smoke everyday because it killed my inspiration.

17. I was smoking everyday for quite some time and recently started a break. And honestly I feel good. I would suggest let it be out of ur mind on an everyday basis but when u want it have it. Go about ur life without wondering about getting high

18. At one point I was smoking blunts a day with a high tolerance that id only feel lifted
    for 30min until I had to medicate again. This lasted for about a month then I quit cold turkey and I did feel withdrawals in terms of my mood and sleeping patterns. I'd feel more anxious and irritable. Give yourself some time, eat healthy foods, exercise, and lots of vitamin d from sunlight.

19. Be proud of it. I'm proud I'm a stoner. Embrace it and get high all day everyday but take care of ur shit and don't get lazy

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I'm in the exact same place
    I don't wanna lower the dose because I get cranky af