Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking cannabis makes me paranoid. Can CBD alone give me relief?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by lucid.morgan, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Hi all,
    I guess I'll start out by saying I used to smoke weed and hash both medically and recreationally for years and I very much enjoyed it. About the age of 20 I began to notice that smoking made me feel paranoid and self conscious. When I do partake, I feel like everyone is judging me and become hyper analytical of everything I do.
    Despite this, I am trying to find something that to help with my atypical depression which I currently do not take medication for. The symptoms I need help with include rage and temper, depressive episodes, anxiety and social anxiety. I also would like relief from my IBS and constant nausea. Does anyone have any thoughts on if CBD could help me?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. CBD alone does help some people, but the combination of cbd and thc is usually best.
    Availability might be a problem, but trying various cbd/thc ratios until something works is your best bet.
    Your reaction to thc might be different now, so don't give up on it.

Many peoples' ailments improve by simply getting a good night's sleep, and a strong indica can help with that, but go slow with dosage, because short lived paranoia can result from an overdose.

A high cbd strain, or a sativa dominant hybrid plus cbd could help during the day.
    Unless sleeplessness is due to anxiety, avoid cbd near bedtime, because it's a mild stimulant.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Try Blueberry ,or Grand Daddy Purple ,both are really good strains that will help with everything you mentioned

• Like Like x 2
  4. #4 Galaxy420, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    Hi, a few things can help you that work for anxiety and thc too.... citicoline . this is taken to counter thc effects after consumption... you can take 3 to 5 times more citicoline than the amount of thc you consumed to counter the effects if needed... it is easilly ordered online too
    Whole black peppercorns.. for on spot relief you can mortar pestle a whole black peppercorn fresh and smell the aromas to ease anxiety or chew on one or two for future relief up to an hour... it is the beta caryophylllene in the pepper that does it...

if you can find a cannabis strain with lots of beta caryophyllene theres anti anxiety naturally in it.. I think the strains @joedracer79 mentioned has it in them... grandaddy purp is one of my all time Favs, just chills and relaxes mellow like... this may seem odd but too don't forget to be in Love with yourself amap! Do It! lol
    seriously, how it works is the beta caryophyllene acts like CBD on the same cb2 receptor but as an reverse agonist instead of a direct antagonist like CBD.. THC is an agonist at cb1 receptor fyi...
    beta caryophyllene
    Beta-caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid
    targeted receptors
    Small Molecules from Nature Targeting G-Protein Coupled Cannabinoid Receptors: Potential Leads for Drug Discovery and Development

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Add some cbd into the mix. The higher the ratio, the less the "stone", but the deeper the relaxation.

For med uses, why smoke in social situations? If you must, micro toke and stay comfortable.

Paranoia and anxiety are my least liked side effects and I avoid them at all costs. Took me a while to get that through my head though!

• Like Like x 2