Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking before working out ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KelseyCannabis, Mar 9, 2012.

1. I recently joined a gym, and want to know if anyone has ever smoked before working out, if it makes it more difficult to work out or even better to work out ?? I will be mostly doing cardio like the treadmil, bike and the elipticle (spelling).. Then the ab machine. Thanks

2. I've been smoking and working out for the past 3 weeks, going hard on the elliptical. Best possible choice to make before working out! You won't regrets it. Your adrenaline gets you going and you won't find yourself stopping. let me know how it went!

3. Ok awesome thank you tuazziie :) Good luck on the weight loss/building muscle whatever you're doing! :) and i will do that

4. Idk what it is about weed, I have a friend who was pretty over weight. He started smoking more often, in just about a little under a year he got so freaking skinny. It's weird usually smokers are really fat, or just very lean/skinny.

5. I think you will have to try it for yourself. I don't like smoking before a workout because i can't focus like I should. I prefer smoking afterwards to reward myself for working out. Plus it lowers your tolerance so the high is better too. That's just me though

6. I preferably like to smoke after.

7. I shall smoke before, and after.

8. Never smoke after, after excercise are your lungs more opened and active.

9. I lift weights and I smoked once before I did squats. I was terrified.

10. Don't smoke before weight training. If it's mostly cardio go for it but it sounds like a bad idea because when I get high the last thing I want to do is run.

11. I highly recommend going for a nature walk outdoors with a nice pair of headphones attached to an iPod/cell phone. The gym for me has too many people and it makes me uncomfortable when some meathead wants to be confrontational with his 'sets.'

Find a nice sativa and you'll be in the clear.

12. I do it before I get on the elliptical. I'm lucky, I go to a little community gym not even a mile away so I smoke right before and head on over on foot or by car.

I like it, but I try to smoke a sativa or a hybrid if I do it. I don't know how it would work with a couchlocky strain.

13. #13 sevensins, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2012
    To be honest, I can't work out well if I smoke beforehand so I typically just wait until afterwards.

Then again if it is only cardio and some ab work... Can't hurt to try it!

Actually come to think of it, it didn't affect me in any way when actually working out... I just got crazy munchies about 5 minutes into the workout.

14. I smoke every time before going to the gym. I do a lot of high intensity training with cardio, and if I have headphones in I can just focus on the music and training hard as hell. I go for at least an hour and keep my heart rate high

15. I smoke while/during/after hiking and its freakin great, it helps me get in the groove so much faster. I just breathe and walk thats it, I get so focused. I usually hike about ten miles every monday and wednesday over this little mountain and I'll get blazed and hike up that thing so damn fast people look at me like shit that guys pro but I'm really just high as fuck.

16. do it, it's the best thing ever

I always smoke a bowl to relax my muscles and than I can do around 7-8 sets of bench press without even getting tired ...

17. Smoke after, you won't feel like doing anything if you smoke before. I've been doing this for years.

18. But... why would you do that many sets of bench press? Unless thats including warm-ups, still alot for that though.

19. In my opinion it sucks. Maybe you need a sativa with little to no indica in it, but with all the bud I ever got, weightlifting was the hardest shit to do. I just wanted to sit my ass down.

20. Well another reason I want to smoke before too is because marijuana helps with my anxiety, and i have REALLY bad anxiety.. so i feel like people are staring at me in the gym, and all that runs through my head is people are judging me, when they really dont even have a reason to.. but the weed just puts my mind at ease and i feel that i'll be able to just focus on music/the tv on the machine and work out.. so i'm going to try that out but if i cant then i will just smoke after lol