Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking before and/or during work?!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Doof, Jan 11, 2013.

1. #21 Deleted member 457210, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    I was only tested during residency. I currently run my own private practice so I am the tester now. If you hope to work as a radiologist in the future be prepared to limit your consumption of cannabis. I myself don't smoke often, but when I do, I make sure to make up for the days missed.

2. all the shit jobs i've had over the years i used to blaze up before,there's only a couple where i haven't.

i've been working at a guitar center for awhile, i like to be clear-headed and on my a game. smoking bud should be an unwind after a long day kind of thing, not a need to be stoned every minute of the day thing. i went into work stoned out of my mind once and i hated it. kept forgetting where everything goes and unpacking boxes felt like a chore. its good to maintain a professional disposition if you want to keep your job, especially when you're assistant manager

3. Before, after, possibly during. :p :smoking:

4. I work at a Tex-Mex fast food restaurant and every single person that I work with smokes. Hell on Fridays we call them face blunt Friday so well roll a blunt at work an smoke out back right after we're done for the day. Its straight but I hate working high makes me slow an just a waste of a good high.

5. #25 teddykgb, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
    I used to smoke like half a bowl before I would go to work, especially at my old dock clerk position, especially if it was a Thursday night, slow night right before my weekend I would work in our guard house by myself for 8 hrs and just check truck drivers in and out and process bills for the warehouse. I'd smoke the other half of the bowl at lunch and just cruise through the last half or third of work.

When I got promoted to transport coordinator and then supervisor I pretty much cut that out, meetings with management, dealing with other supervisors, drivers, and the bullshit on the floor in addition to learning and retaining knowledge of a whole new computer system ensured that it would be to my advantage to be clear headed at work.

Actually only time smoked as a super was on a Thursday night, we sent the crew home three hrs early I had a weeks vacation starting effective the min I left but someone needed to hang back to wait on days or in case there was an issue with a truck being picked up or going out. I was the only person in the building where my office was so I went outside and walked like I was checking trailers while sneaking hits off my one hitter.

Sucks now, we went through a merger last year and toward the end of last year they posted that they would be doing on site randoms, they started Thursday. My old dealer told em fuck off he wasnt dropping and quit, and this girl in our dock office I used to smoke and fuck around with came up dirty, so they walked her out. She texted me though saying it was all good and she would be starting a new job at her dads friends trucking company in their office on Monday. Her family other than her grandparents all smoke.

Honesty if I didn't make such good money, I'd quit. Doesn't mean Im not lookin though

6. General Manager of over 10 Five Guys locations. It's easy to go in and nitpick every last detail when you're high.

Plus, free fucking burgers and fries and grilled cheeses with burgers in between them.
    All my employee's get so nervous around me nobody would ever question me being high.

7. Every now and then yeah, but being a bouncer, I often have to socialize with a bunch of drunk people and this isn't exactly the easiest or most enjoyable thing to do while baked. Most of the bouncers blaze in the parking lot after the bar closes though.

8. I use to smoke during work when I was at a pizza shop back in the day. It provided a great outlet for munchie food! ;)

9. Going on a "cigarette" break then making your own food must of been pretty sweet.:smoke:

10. Yeah it was totally sweet. They were the good old days ;) :smoking:

11. Na mate you're the one flipping the bugars working for the man

12. Do house removals high ass a ***** pie

13. I've burned down a couple of times at work while lifeguarding. I would never smoke if I had someone in the pool though, the few times that I have smoked at work I knew I wouldn't have people for at least 2 more hours so I thought why not. It definitely made work more enjoyable, lately I refuse to smoke until they stop scheduling me 5 days a week for long hours. Oh, and the times I smoked at work were on the weekend when the managers don't show up and I wasn't working as often :D

14. I started smoking weed regularly during my last job, which was parking cars at the local mall and nightclubs. My boss was the one who got me into it believe it or not.we would smoke everyday on the job. Let me tell you we needed it too. 100 degree weather running on asphalt to get cars on 8 hour shifts 5 days a week really fucks your body up. I'm sure he felt the same way, it was more pain relief than anything, we wouldn't really joke around that much, it was just a quick puff puff pass then back to the grind.

15. half a bowl before work and a full bowl when im off, i make/package sushi at a king soopers

16. How does society even function with all these potheads high at work.

It almost convinces me that weed isnt as bad as people have been teaching..

17. My present job is the only one I have't worked high. Previous jobs I liked being high but when I came down, the rest of day just dragged.

18. I never smoke before I work unless I work the front desk. I am a lifegaurd. I blaszed once then got called in. I got the munchies and ate half of the concession

19. Yeah true that. I can work stoned, and when I'm minimally stoned (like hardly headchanged) my focus marginally increases but I think thats because I have some ADD.

But otherwise I hate being stoned in the work place, I'm currently working in radio and I record soundbits all the time, my speaking voice gets all grovel-ly and lame when I'm burnt, and work place interactions feel awkward as fuck.

I prefer sobriety

20. Practice makes perfect ;)