Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking back in the 70s and 80s

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Connor821, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Like compared to now. Like getting in trouble with it, parents reactions, places, how many people did it, etc. thanks😄

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. wasnt like 1979 the apex of american cannabis illicit use?

3. 70's: That shit will rot your brain away and turn you into a psychopath.
    now: You smoke weed? Oh ok.

4. weed was weak back then. my uncle was a hippie and he told me that you would have smoke a whole joint to get as high as 3 or 4 hits of the shit they make now.

5. In 1987 I was 17 A friend of mine got some Thai stick or some weed that I remember the guy saying it was Cambodian. Anyway we smoked that thing drove to Grandbend listing to Van Halen first album I was driving and watching the Eq lights at the same time "Ive been to the edge....and there I looked down" At that point in time it gave me sooooo much meaning in life it was crazy but I forget what that was all about now.....
    Anyway that One joint from the eightys was pretty close to the best ive ever had

6. Ya I've heard some of the best buds were around in the 70's and 80's but it was very hard to find

7. All the locals in the pub that are from that era always say the weed is to strong now a days that's why most if them stopped.

8. Why not smoke less...

9. We had some excellent reefer back in the day.   Sorry you guys missed it.

10. Step mom said to me that their weed didn't smelled as good as hash. So they used to smoke hash mainly, not alot of weed more hash.

That should be near the 70's, Canada

11. My friend told me when they walked down the same street he still lives on, in the 80s he remembers his buddy turning to him and asking, "hey man, when you think weed's gonna be legal?"

He said he jokingly replied, "when we have a black president," to which they both chuckled. They're both 40 now and they brought this up to me the other day, smoking a j on the porch.

He looked at me and says, "guess I was wrong eh?"

One of them grows fields of it and enjoys the extreme potency of thc compared to back then. The other one, like many old school smokers, has a difficult time tolerating the strength of the new stuff. He won't even touch the herb I've grown and when I gave him an edible he had a reaaal long panic attack that he described as like being on an acid trip.

They said the best stuff they had back then was alcupolco gold. Otherwise it was dirt weed. Said they used to buy a huge sack for next to nothing.