Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking as much as possible and keeping a low tolerance?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by partyomo, Apr 17, 2015.

1. #1 partyomo, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    I will probably sound like a full on stoner after this thread but hear me out aha,

So I started smoking about 2 months ago and in the last couple weeks due to some stuff I had going on I started smoking more frequently. I sort of stuck with that pattern and have been smoking 5-7 times a week for 2-3 weeks now almost always once a day. When I'm in the ideal 'conditions' I get super high like I have from the start but I'm just worried I'm going to develop a tolerance as to where it doesn't give me the effects I personally desire and enjoy currently. Which is worrying because it's honestly changed my life positively and am so happy I discovered the amazing benefits of weed [​IMG]

However, due to the awesome effects of smoking it is really tempting to smoke whenever I get the chance. So basically what I'm wondering is how do you guys think I could smoke as much as possible while still keeping my tolerance at that nice low point where it doesn't really have an impact? Ex. x number of days a week, x number of times a day type thing if its possible to be that specific aha

Thanks!

2. Lol i smoke everday - as long as you switch up the method you should be able to keep a low tolerance . I switch it daily between vaping ,smoking ,and dabbing and its been doing me good . Beware though doing just straight weed will eventually make you need more to get to the high you so much enjoy. However as long as you smoke about 1g with a 6-8 hour time span between each session it should keep your tolerence realitivly low for a while.

3. That's all up to you to figure out lol

1. Ideally I'd like to keep my tolerance low, permanently for obvious reasons aha. 

2. If I just started experimenting to try and find the 'sweet spot' that works best for myself, and in the process worked up my tolerance, its possible to lower it back again by just taking a good t-break correct??

5. You know how you cant get as high as your first time ever smoking . Well as your body developes a natural tolerance too constant weed usuage and the only way to break that would be not to smoke for a while . you could probably find a sweet spot but eventually itll fluxuate to where youll need a t break ( trust me keeping a sweet spots hard to do after you start to really get into smoking lol)

6. In my experience, you can't have cake and eat it too.

7. probably true, unfortunately 

8. i wouldnt even say the first high is the 'highest' ive been its probably just the most unique since i didnt know what to expect. but thats aside from the point i guess. 

9. #9 Southeast stoner, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    Eventually over time for me my highs went from full on mind blowing to super chill and relaxed. Over 7 years I haven't had a similar high to when I first started smoking, I remember feeling like I was in a cartoon. Was funny how much time slowed.
    As far as tolerance goes you can control that with how much you smoke and the quality you smoke. For me I smoke mid normally and smoke high grade as a treat.
    Cheers

-Your point is as pointless as describing colors to a blind man.-

10. Mid:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429227276.003145.jpg
    High grade:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429227333.279814.jpg

-Your point is as pointless as describing colors to a blind man.-

11. I miss my first times smoking bud so much.  It was a magical time mannnnnnn

12. I stay high pretty much all day every day (and have for over a year) by smoking just one or two puffs from a one hitter (or 'chillum' in headshop terms) every so often throughout the day. If you've got decent herb, it really only takes a little.

Heartache and Donuts

13. #13 Its Brandon, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015
    I still find these t break threads funny. I've been smoking daily (numerous times) for over 10 years and have never needed a tolerance break. It's like you guys are doing unmentionables. I usually go through an ounce of top shelf a week and I still get blazed from .5g in my bong. But honestly man it's simple if you smoke often your tolerance is going to go up regardless.

14. Also try different strains.

15. I smoke 1-2 times a day. I kinda feel tolerance build-up sometimes, but for me, I can get fucked up pretty easily. Genetics heavily influences tolerance as well as habit so little of it is really in your control besides dosage and frequency.

16. Thats compleletly understandable , wanted to say first times not first time XD my first time smoking was off fake weed so .....

Anyways just dont overdo the smoking yet , your tolerance is so low that you can enjoy a small quantity of bud and still get amazing effects from it , after your first year of smoking the effects will lessen and itll feel more like a natural high . Doing things like oils will sky rocket your tolerance so dont do it unless you want to get "blank face" high or you feel like you need a boost in it

Yea I feel you, I mean seeing how everyones different, I kind of just want to test my limits and see what works best since I have no clue at this point. That way at least by experimenting if my tolerance starts going up I can just take a t break and ill know what to do when I start again?

18. I think the point of a t break is so you DON'T go through an ounce a week haha.

19. I've been smoking for 10 years, and 2-7g daily for the last 4 years and I never think about my tolerance being too high I wouldn't be worried after 2 months. Your highs will change as you get older and as you become more comfortable with marijuana you can embrace its positive effects and power through the initial couch lock.  If you want to get fucked up get drunk, if you want to evolve intellectually and spiritually smoke weed every day.

20. I have been toking daily for 6+ years, never missed a day.  Generally just smoke at the end of the day anywhere from 0.3-1g(on those bad days).  I have never noticed my tolerance being an issue.  I still get stoned off 0.1g bong tokes.

As long as you smoke as you need it and not want it then you should be good.