Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking and studying

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Helljumper, Oct 16, 2011.

1. I used to only smoke occasionally (about once or twice a month), but I just recently got my own stash so now I've been smoking a lot more. Since this was so recent though, I haven't really been able to tell if this is gonna have any long term effects on me.

Mainly, I want to know if studying will be impacted by smoking at all. Basically, I've been high for three nights in a row now. I have a midterm on Monday. I plan on studying today (Saturday) and tomorrow (Sunday), but I'm debating on whether or not I should smoke tonight (I definitely won't smoke tomorrow night, before my midterm).

If I do smoke tonight, it will be late at night, after I'm done studying. So I'll pretty much be high during the time I'd just be hanging out with friends/not studying any ways. Still I'm kinda worried that if I smoke tonight, I won't be able to retain all the information that I studied earlier in the day.

2. All I can say is that you know yourself. If you let it be a problem, well then its going to be a problem. However it is possible to maintain a happy medium between your cannabis usage and school work. This can be done by using a reward system or just good restraint and judgement. I wouldn't rip before studying for something like math (numbers start getting confusing), but before English could contribute to your essay. Experiment, see how you can juggle the two, and remember that school>getting high.

3. Study high = take test high :smoking:

4. Lol, let me clarify, I don't plan on actually studying high or taking the test high. Here's my plan right now:

Study right now for a good 4-5 hours, get high tonight and just chill with friends, go to sleep, sober up, study all day Sunday, take my test on Monday.

My only concern is that I've already gotten high the past 3 nights an I'm a little worried that getting high after studying might make me forget some of the things I studied.

5. lol, man I wish tonight was my third night in a row getting high..... the good ol dayz

anyways, yeah you're going to be fine. the thing about doing work when you're stoned is that you REALLY have to convince yourself to do it, but once you deem whatever it is important, it gets done extremely well.

cleaning sober = half-assed job
    cleaning high = not one thing gets left un-scrubbed, un-mopped, or un-shiny

6. My freshman year in high school i had earth and environmental science, I failed every test and assignment and never studied a damn thing, but on the day of the final exam I got stoned as shit and passed that bitch. Take the test high, get high grades.

7. the weed wont affect your studies unless you let it

8. try the "high score" method.

1. go to class high

2. study high

3. take the test high

4. your score will be high!

9. If you smoke after you study, thats find. Think of it as a reward system. If i study x amount then i can get high. It will keep you motivated in your school work. On the other hand, for some, studying high greatly increases scores, and for some the exact opposite. Just smoke after studying this time and you'll be okay. Sometime when you're studying for a small quiz try it high and see how you do.

10. As long as im done studying im definitely straight. Its only when i smoke and the try and study that i forget shit.

11. Every hour you study, smoke an additional bowl when you're finished

12. honestly, daily weed use has made me smarter. No joke. Last year, before weed, i got okay grades. Not great. This year, i hardly even have to study and i breeze through tests getting 100% or very close to it. Nothing else has changed, only that now i'm a daily stoner. My work habits and work ethic are the same, if not worse than last year, and my classes are harder. I think as long as you actually study and do your homework, it's not gonna matter if you're high or not. As long as you're not ripped out of your mind. And smoking after studying is not a problem at all. If anything, it lets you see everything you studied from a different perspective and can make things click that you didn't understand before.

13. I cant study high

14. I can't study while high.. I don't have the attention span to even do homework.
    Whenever I had a test, I ended up taking a week t-break, and month break during finals/midterms.

I'm in grad school now and don't have any exams, so now I'm just rewarding myself for every paper and piece of homework returned with an 'A' [kinda like arshinark suggested]. It makes me study harder. =]