Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking and Praying?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Caveit77777, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Lately I feel like I've been in a very bad place and started seeing a psychiatrist and its helped but not much. Smoking weed has helped more than anything but I hate to use it as a crutch. I've never been a religiou person ever really but last night I smoked a little snap and prayed. Call me corny but I met God last night and idk it snapped me right the fuck out of this depression I've been in. Crazy shit but looking forward to the next time I can do that again. Have any of you guys toked and prayed before?

2. I will be the first to answer. No.

3. I'm glad it worked so well for you, and I hope it lasts as long as possible :)

I'm not religious myself, but I do enjoy meditation, which can be compared to prayer. I especially enjoy it while blazing :smoke:

4. yeah man im a christian and i find Marijuana helps me feel alittle closer to god.
    and to all those people that are gonna bag on this guy for saying a prayer i say to you grow up seriously we can beleive what we want to and we are not forcing it on you.

5. No, I don't do the prayin thing but I meditate when I chief.

6. i refer to toking as praising Jah:smoke:

7. I play with my cats when I get high ;D

8. [quote name='"Caveit77777"']Lately I feel like I've been in a very bad place and started seeing a psychiatrist and its helped but not much. Smoking weed has helped more than anything but I hate to use it as a crutch. I've never been a religiou person ever really but last night I smoked a little snap and prayed. Call me corny but I met God last night and idk it snapped me right the fuck out of this depression I've been in. Crazy shit but looking forward to the next time I can do that again. Have any of you guys toked and prayed before?[/quote]

Iv had a moment really similar. Now I try to pray every night and do far Iv been feelin great :) God is amazing

9. I haven't a direct experience, but my friend told me about one that he had recently.
    He had just smoked this super heavy indica, and for some reason he started thinking about Jesus, and since he doesn't normally think about religious stuff like that, he decided to actually sit back and think on it. And all of a sudden he started tearing up and he went to his knees and broke down crying. He said it was a really powerful experience for him. So yeah, I guess the spiritual side does come out sometimes.

10. Ii never had a time when i got religious when high, but i did feel like being closer to God lifted me out of my depresion before.

11. alot of people here dont beleive in God so I assumed the majority would say no but in my time smoking cannabis ive became a little bit closer to God. I dont think there is a direct correlation but i do think weed is not looked at in sin by God because it is just a flower and he gave us all plants bearing seeds to use.

smoked weeds made me want to put less chemicals into my body too. i dont use shampoo anymore, i wash it with water everyday, give my scalp a good scrub bc i have short hair. its the healthiest its ever been too. i also brush my teeth with baking soda, and instead of mouthwash i use hydrogen peroxide, i guess its what people used back in the day. i floss as well, and my teeth rarely ever get that fuzzy feeling anywhere anymore. i brush like once a day.

i know i just got off topic there but idk smokings brought me closer with earth and my creator in a sense.

12. Great man, but don't think you NEED bud to pray or meditate. Same thing can be achieved sober just in a more level-headed way.

13. whatever floats your boat or as a friend once said "whatever fills your joint"

14. Yeah man. I've prayed many times while baked.

15. never heard of praying baked unless your rastafari. cant see any reason not to tho

16. Yeah it was my first time praying really. I've had thoughts about suicide recently and wasn't sure what to think of them so I figured I would ask the man upstairs. Not my time to go yet and finally realized that suicide in my current situation would just make me a pussy. The herb may have honestly saved my life

17. thinking about suicide is hard as hell, I have been down that path myself

18. As I am an atheist, I have never had a religious experience. While I have found myself more in tune with nature when I am smoking, it is never on a plane quite like that. I'm trying to not word my feelings in a way that would have some of you take offense. Glad that you are snapped out of your depression, faith is a good thing to have in the right hands. I'm glad this awesome plant has gotten you to that level of bliss and closer with your deity :) Keep on blazing brother

19. Don't want weed to be a crutch? Don't let "god" become a crutch! Lol

In all seriousness im glad u found something to get u out of your rut :smoke:

20. [quote name='"Caveit77777"']Yeah it was my first time praying really. I've had thoughts about suicide recently and wasn't sure what to think of them so I figured I would ask the man upstairs. Not my time to go yet and finally realized that suicide in my current situation would just make me a pussy. The herb may have honestly saved my life[/quote]

This is exactly how I was when I first started smoking. It has helped me so much in so many different ways. I pray every time (whether before, during, or after) I bake