Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking And Dreams?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DownTheRabbitHole, May 24, 2013.

1. Hey guys.
    First of all, nice to meet you all. I've been lurking awhile, and since you're all so
    helpful, I've decided to make an account.

I was wondering, does smoking effect your dreams at all? I've heard that people tend to have less dreams (or none at all) when they smoke.

I smoke before I go to bed, but I usually remember my dreams vividly, and dream every night. When I don't remember them in the morning, though, I'll remember them later when I smoke. Only in flashes though, it's kinda weird.

Cheers. :)

2. A powerful mind you do have.

3. I don't know, it is weird. It probably depends on how deep a sleep you are getting.[​IMG]
    I shall leave you with this picture and let you use the power of Google for the lack of my own personal interest in the matter.

4. I don't dream for shit when i smoke

5. I've heard so many times that weed stops you from dreaming, but I've been a vivid dreamer almost every night for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately it hasn't been able to curb my dreaming at all. Although at the beginning of a t break I usually get an excessive number of night terrors, so it must be affecting it somehow.
    Also I'll randomly get flashbacks like a month after a dream happens and it will cause the whole dream to come back to me
    Haha I've always had an interesting relationship with sleep, you're not alone

6. #6 AuhMayZing, May 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
    it doesn't effect me any different than not smoking.

I dream about Â½ time usually.

however I have heard of people dreaming more when or after they smoke.
    dreams are basically a weird compilation of what you experienced through out the day,
    while your brain tries to categorize all of it. which is why it ends up being these weird stories.

7. I practically never dream if I'm smoking before sleep (which sucks).

8. whenever I don't smoke for 3 days plus my dreams come back to me. It's a great feeling. Dreams really make you ponder

9. They do dream it's just that they can't remember. But it really has no effect on what you dream about.

10. Well you dream every night. When you "don't" dream it's basically you not remembering it. But when I smoke before bed I never remember them.I'm on a t break now and I've been having insane dreams. My dream last night was actually a continuation of my dream from the night before, like it picked up where it left off. Never happened to me before that.

11. 99.9% of the time I don't have dreams when I smoke before I fall asleep but every once and a while I will and it's always a crazy trippy one

12. I forget a lot of things when im stoned, it happens haha. Ive always thought that i just forget them. Doesnt really bother me, Just get really high, close your eyes, and think about what its like to dream, it feels good lol.