Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking after working out?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Shabab, Jun 30, 2010.

1. I think I read a thread where someone said it feels absolutely awesome, is this true? If it is, how long should I wait after working out? Don't really want to smoke while all sweaty and hot... :smoke:

2. Everyday.

Take a shower, then smoke.
    I find when you smoke then shower you sober.

3. Does it really feel better than just a regular high if you work out before, though?

4. I smoke before during and after working out. I do lifts in sets, and puff in between.

5. Smoke before I workout,Smoke after I workout. Feels good man

6. i cant work out while high, my muscles get lazyyyy .

7. Smoking a heavy indica before weight lifting is awesome for me. It's like working out on Vicoden almost. (you feel amazing because your muscles don't seem to get tired as fast!):smoke:

8. I smoke after and it feels amazing to relax, especially if you get home late and plan on going to bed within like 2-3 hours. A fat J of indica mmmmmmmmmmmm :smoke:

Warning: This is amazing ONLY if you don't ruin any set diet you have in the process! Don't screw up your health related plans for a quick smoke.

9. Getting high after anything strenuous feels great. I say try it for yourself and see if it works well for you.

10. yeah im sure its really relaxing, because it usually is even when your sober... just sittin down

11. I smoke before and after doing Yoga. Not quite working out, enjoyable either way though :D

12. lighting up after a nice long sesh of skating always feels great. Really relaxes my muscles/joints, which regularly give me grief, especially my knees

13. It feels great.. Really relaxes your muscles/joints its good for recovery.. I usually smoke right after my protein shake.

14. Amen to the Vics and workin out being amazing. I tore my shoulder back in high school ago and didn't heal properly from the surgery (forming a terrible addiction lasting years, so I DON'T condone the abuse of pain killers). I'd have to avoid the bench press at all causes because my shoulder couldn't even handle low weights. But with a couple Vics or OCs or whatever, BOOM, I could lift more than I could BEFORE the surgery and for way longer.

As for smoking before lifting, I've done that only a few times and I've just had no motivation for doing anything. Running is way out of the question while high for me, I feel about as uncoordinated as a newborn giraffe.

I'd think smoking a little after working out won't be too much different than smoking if you didn't work out, except that you'll be tired and more prone to zoning out watching tv and getting stuck to the couch. Get home, take a shower, EAT, then toke and relax.

I say eat BEFORE you toke, that way you don't ruin your entire workout by munching on everything in your pantry and fridge. Unless you've got enough self control I guess, but for me once I cave to the munchies it's game over, almost guaranteed to eat like 5x the amount I wanted to haha

15. Whenever I finish at the gym I go out to my car and load up a bowl. Its so relaxing after a strenuous work out to light up and chillax for a bit.

On the other hand I can't agree with smoking before working out. I just feel weaker and less motivated when I'm high and I rather get a real good work out sesh in sober than waste an hour or two of my time bullshitting around at the gym baked. There is a time and place for being stoned and, for me at least, smoking before working out isn't it

16. I like to smoke up then go to the gym have a good workout and then hit up the sauna.

Feels good man.

17. I vape before, during, and after working out, yoga, swimming, running, biking, etc.
    Just not when i play sports like soccer.

The weed actually increases blood flow around your brain and lungs, allowing more oxygen to be absorbed, therefore you actually benefit from working out stoned.

Some people prefer not to because they tend to drift off, zone out, and lose the motivation to continue working out.

18. I like to smoke after working out and taking a shower, sometimes before to get me motivated (yeah, hear that fuckers? WEED AND MOTIVATION!) other then that I don't like it for working out, no.

19. I like to smoke befoore hitting the treadmill. Man when I do that my stamina almost triples. It's like I enjoy the burn from running, it feels like a massage. But it might also have something to do with me liking pain and bud making the pain feel more pleasurable. :confused_2: