Smoking after tooth extraction?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by DoARip, Oct 10, 2012.

1. So earlier today I went to the dentist and had a problem tooth removed.
    On the little sheet of paper they gave me it told me to avoid smoking for 48 hours. Now normally this would be no problem, but the scumbags didn't give me any painkillers and right now my tooth (or lack of tooth) is killing me, and a few pipe rips or a J would really work wonders for the pain.
    So is it a good idea or no?

2. man..any suction at all will fuck you up dude..
    If you absolutely have to ...
    take some gauze roll it over and cover the area, try to inhale very very slowly..
    a dry socket will fuck you for weeks..

Sorry to hear man..

3. Yeah I definitely don't want dry socket, I can avoid the green for a few days.
    Hell, I might as well just use this time to go on a tolerance break.
    Thanks man.

4. I wouldn't because the dry air can cause dry socket. I would recommend going to the edibles section and looking at the sticky "cannanut recipe" works very well, hardly any bud, and doesn't take long or stink. Or vape

5. Vaporize. I vaporized right after having 4 wisdom teeth extracted:)

6. Holding in a few hits won't hurt you gums. The smoke''ll have an analgesic effect.

7. I think you have a bad dentist.

I had baby teeth that didn't fall out when they should have 6 or 7 years ago, and my adult teeth were coming in the same slot the baby teeth were in, and the adult tooth was pushing the baby tooth out of my gums.

The dentist took out 2 baby teeth and sent me home with some gauze in my mouth. I just took Advil and rubbed some orajel on my gums and I was fine.

8. Just got 3 teeth out today. About 8 hours after I packed a bowl without packing it down, this is a sherlock pip, and took small tokes without locking my lips around the mouth peice. Slower process than usual but I'm feeling great eating ice cream! Just breath the smoke in, don't take a pull with the cheeks and you'll be ok! But do be careful, dry socket isn't fun from what I hear.