Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking after surgery?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by alik, Aug 10, 2012.

1. #1 alik, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    Hello everyone!
    So, a few weeks ago I was diagnosed with testicular cancer and I had my testicle removed 3 days ago.
    What I would like to know is if I can smoke after the surgery or should I wait until the wound heals?

Sorry if this is in the wrong session.

2. Well, assuming that the smoke doesn't travel down to your sack, you'll be fine. Glad to hear that you'll be alright, though.

3. Yep, it may help with any pains also. Sorry to hear about your cancer though :(

4. I know people that have smoked to help with recovery, it helps with the pain and can help you sleep at night. Plus many studies show that THC can help reduce cancer, so it sounds like a good idea to me!

5. It should be fine, might ease the pain and the boredom. Recovering from surgery sucks!

6. Cheers guys!! I just rolled one joint and Im about to smoke it :p
    The doctors said that my cancer was in a very early stage so I probably wont need chemo or anything like that but I still have to wait up to 10 days to get the biopsy results. Hopefully I wont need it =)

Thanks again and happy smoking to everyone

Peace!

7. I too recently had surgery and I smoked a joint in the car on the way home from the hospital. Helped counter the nausea from the anesthesia from the night before, and it was a pretty good high the numbed the pain when the morphine & percocets were wearing off.

However, I'm not a Dr. and you aren't my patient. So if you are concerned, ask your Dr.!