Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking after oral surgery

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by GreenFever93, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Hey GC, so monday morning I had oral surgery to put teeth back into place after being assaulted on st. patty's day night. I know it's bad to smoke after getting wisdom teeth out because of dry sockets, but I wasn't sure if I could smoke weed. My main concern is that one of my teeth poked a hole between my bottom lip/chin that had to be stitched together. Would the smoke cause an infection? I'd appreciate answers from those who actually know what they're talking about, please. I love replies, but i'm really only looking for a correct answer.

BTW, I didn't lose any teeth and there are no open wounds in my mouth.

2. About a month ago i had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. The pain was horrible and pain killers make me nauseous. I smoked the day i had the teeth removed. The MAIN thing to remember is DO NOT SUCK HARD! Soft hits off a bong or vape are great. You want to avoid creating a pressure inside your mouth that can cause dry sockets. THEY SUCK!!! As for infection. I just rinsed with some anti bacteria mouth wash Oral-b i believe. it promotes healing and kills bacteria. CHEERS MATE!

3. The sucking motion is what causes a dry socket, not the substance you are smoking.

Make some edibles. Do yourself a favor and don't smoke for 24-72 hours (whatever they told you)!!

4. I've seen people smoke the very day they've had the wisdom teeth taken out, if you're going to do it just take some anti-inflammotory drug like ibuprofen.

5. Load it up in the IV brotha