Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking After Electrical Burn/shock.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by fairy boots, May 20, 2013.

  1. So I was unplugging my laptop from a power strip that was in an awkward place and I accidentally touched the prongs and received a painful shock throughout my body. My laptop charger is sadly going bad and needs to be replaced. My whole body is aching still, my head is killing me and it happened like four hours ago. My muscles keep twitching and stinging like pins and needles and my vision was pretty bad for a while but now it's fine. There is a small mark on my hand where I touched the prong. I will see a doctor tomorrow but my question to you is would you smoke/vape?
  2. hell yeah, can't do anything but help.... it's just herb...
  3. lol yes! especially after that
  4. sounds like you nearly died
  5. you should be fine since it wasn't a losing consciousness/needing someone to knock you loose from being're most likely just sore from the shock but looking it up it says 
    \tWhen to Seek Medical Care
    For a high-voltage shock, seek care at a hospital's Emergency Department. Following a low-voltage shock, call the doctor for the following reasons:
    • If it has been more than 5 years since the affected person's last tetanus booster
    • Burns that are not healing well
    • Burns with increasing redness, soreness, or drainage
    • Any electric shock in a woman who is pregnant
    A person shocked by high voltage (500 volts or more) should be evaluated in the Emergency Department. It may be prudent to get prehospital care, usually obtained by calling 911. Following a low-voltage shock, a person go to the Emergency Department for the following concerns:
    • Any noticeable burn to the skin
    • Any period of unconsciousness
    • Any numbness, tingling, paralysis, vision, hearing, or speech problems
    • Any electric shock if a woman is more than 20 weeks' pregnant
    • Any other worrisome symptoms

Share This Page