Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking after depersonalization?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ChaoticallyPleasant, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Okay, so I've been a pothead for years. Dabs, blunts, edibles, anything I could get my hands on. Well, I had never had an issue until one day when i went through my friend to get weed (who I normally go through) he went to a different dealer. Well, my friend and I smoked half of a blunt and instantly I started to feel my heart race and I couldn't see correctly. So, I figured water might calm me down so I took a shower. I was pacing back and forth in the shower, constantly checking my pulse. Which hadn't gone down. About 30 minutes after just walking around in the shower, I felt calm enough to get out. When I pulled back the curtain, everything was a green haze, like film over my eyes. I began to panic again and just sat down in the floor. Eventually, I calmed down and was able to go lay down. Well, the next few days I noticed I felt very off. It turned out to be depersonalization. Ever since then I have not been able to smoke weed and that whole situation was over a year ago. The only time I can smoke is if I take some kind of anxiety pill before smoking. I really really miss it and it helped me keep a lot of my issues at bay. If anyone could give me any advice, I would be so immensely grateful. I've been extremely depressed but I'm terrified to smoke... I just want to go back to normal. Someone please help.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sounds like you had a panic/anxiety attack mate
    Very common,
    Did you mate react the same as you?
    If not, you can safely say it wasn't the weed (laced etc.) it was just a strong bit of green that set you off.
    Just relax, have a smoke and calm down.

• Agree Agree x 2

3. Try smoking smaller ammounts of weed.. why would you roll up a blunt not knowing how strong the weed is????

It sounds like you just had good weed & couldn't handle it lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. if you're gonna be scared of depersonalization going into it, your odds of getting it again are high. i don't personally think of depersonalization as a bad thing, i don't mind when it happens, it's like being able to see life from an outsiders perspective for a week, that's just me though. anyway, toke small amounts, don't over do it, act like it's heroin or something. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alrighty, thanks everyone, I'll try starting out slow. I just wanna be able to smoke again.

6. Well, I never got the chance to ask her, I was friends with her sister who has since been deployed so I havent seen her. She doesn't really get on Facebook. And I want to, really badly, I just know I panic easily and the was my first real panic attack. I've had many since but never nearly as bad as that one.

7. Most definitely not the case.

8. look at it like this, if it helps. it's just a feeling, it may be overwhelming, but it goes away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. That's what I always tell myself, it definitely helps, I just wish the feeling wasn't as intense as it is. It's really unfortunate. And I know that it wasn't because the "weed was too strong" like someone else had said. Weed doesn't do what that stuff did to me. I just don't want that feeling again, even though I know it will pass

10. You should try eating black peppercorns to calm down your anxiety. And I find that drinking tea and taking a multi vitamin helps me. Mainly the black pepper calmed the high a certain percentage down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Try edibles, or vaping, anything but smoking.

12. If that was your reaction to that weed do not go to that dealer again, compare other cannabis you have to that dealers cannabis and see if there are any differences.

If the bud was adulterated the smoke will be harsher at first, the buds will seem unsually dense and there will also be a lack of trichome heads under a microscope view.

Its entirely possible you only smoked real bud and had a unlucky reaction however be careful and try and know what your smoking as I have had very similar experiences in the past with what turned out to be adulterated weed.

13. #13 darksa, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018