Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking a bong without water

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Whatpottt123, Oct 17, 2019.

1. It's much more costly to buy a bong to not use it for its intended and created purpose but to each their own. It's much smoother with water.

2. And in my experience it is smoother with colder water and a little bit of ice.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Without water all you have is a big 'ol pipe.
    Water dilutes nothing. Now you might get a dizzy buzzing in your head from coughing out a dry rip, but your weed has not been diluted.
    Cold water or ice with water makes a difference because cooler smoke contracts and hotter smoke expands. You can collect a denser smoke when it's cold. If you hold it in you can feel it expand in your lungs as it warms.
    At the very least you should have cold tap water in your bong. Otherwise you're missing the benefit and might as well just take big hits from a pocket size pipe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dry ripping a bong is point less. It completely defeats the purpose of it to begin with. They are meant to be used with water and if they have an ice catch that just makes it better. Honestly, you are missing out on what the bong does by dry ripping it. And from personal experience, when used right a bong hits better than a pipe. And with ice the hit is smoother and you won't cough up a lung as opposed to a dry rip.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lol I feel like you should just ask a mod to change your name on here to
    “Goin’-Against-The-Grain”

I dig it tho.. the whole unconventional way of thinking. Can’t say I agree. But it’s definitley mildly interesting.

6. I found my first commercially made bong in the 70's when I was hiking in the wilderness in Alaska. It was made of wood and looked similar to a joint of bamboo and it wasn't made to be used with water. Over the years I've had many bongs and I've used water, ice, ice and water, and I even tried wine when it was a fad. Overall I think using water in a bong is overrated. A good thick bong with percs will cool the smoke just fine so today I never use water and my bongs stay clean longer plus I never have to worry over spills and nasty bong water. IMO the smoke is no more harsh without water than with water.