Smokin5280's Indoor RDWC *3rd Grow* PICS

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by smokin5280, Aug 8, 2011.

1. #21 superusa, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Good lord that is a lot of work for once a week. The real beauty of the rdwc is that once you get it going you can just keep topping it off with water and bringing your ppms back to the right level. If your feeding program is balanced you can (and I have) go the whole grow without a flush with no problem

2. #22 smokin5280, Aug 11, 2011
    My shit stays pretty much on track as far as the ph being stable. Everyday my ppms rise though so I add about 1/2 gallon of freshwater daily. I can't run it constantly because my drains are too small so ill try to fix that next time.
    As fast as the weekly work, I don't mind at all. Helps give me a chance to really make sure everything is ok

3. Here are some pics of GG2. She was topped yesterday. Any suggestions are welcome!

Attached Files:

4. #24 smokin5280, Aug 11, 2011
    Correction, she was FIM'ed yesterday

5. Oh, forgot to mention that I tied down the OG #1 & #2. Ill post some pics tonight if there is progress

6. So my ph drifts up a small amount and my ppm's always go from about 465 to 495 in a 24 hour period. This sound normal?

7. Pics from this morning

Attached Files:

8. Yup, the plants are just drinking more water than nutes so their concentration goes up.

That means at this stage they could use a weaker solution although as they grow their needs will change. You'll know your ppm is dialed in perfectly when it doesn't change since the plants will take up an equal amount of water and nutes.

9. #29 smokin5280, Aug 12, 2011
    Thanks man, just wanted to make sure! Well here is a pic of my DIY cool tube I'll be attaching to my HPS when it gets here on Monday. Plus it will give me something to do when ur gets here cuz I'll be itching to work on it and with my luck it will get here when the lights are off! Lol I'm going to be doing a few minor adjustments to the hood so it will still be usable. I'm hoping this will let me gets that HPS close as hell to the plants without cooking them. It will also help keep foliar spay and other sprays off the bulb

Attached Files:

10. I put my Nevils Haze outside to get some sun. Brought her back in, and 2 weeks later my entire plants were cacooned in spider mite silk, nothing would get rid of them....I scrapped the entire grow. stopped using the spare room.... :( I hate spider mites, and them little black flies that come with the dirt. DWC all the way, fuck mites!

11. #31 smokin5280, Aug 13, 2011
    Dude I hate mites! Ugh, those damn things are the worst!

12. Pics from today. The OG's are still lagging a bit, some weird growth plus my temps are a little high. I'm hoping the new light and cool tube will help...all seems pretty good though

Attached Files:

13. Golden goat pics

Attached Files:

14. Pic Update:
    So I noticed a little brown build up on a few roots, just to be careful I double lined all the buckets with 2 super heavy-duty trash bags...those should do the trick. Because of the bags and other "stealth" reasons I undid the LST and decided to just top and FIM the girls. Here are the new pics...smaller ones are the O.G. Kush x ATF, and the bigger ones are the Golden Goats.
    Still have some retarded slow growth out of two OG's but they are growing so just gonna wait it out

Attached Files:

15. #35 smokin5280, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011
    Lol, this fortune is fitting!

Attached Files:

16. #36 LAJFA, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011
    Sub'd. Nice setup man. Spidermites are a pain, so I use azamax as a preventative with biweekly spraying of neem oil until buds show, after which I cut out the neem. If I bring clones in from someone elses plants I submerge them under water for a minute, spray neem oil, inspect thoroughly. I do my biggest bug inspection right before and after switching to flower. Lots more options during veg than flower, and the mites seem to go nuts when you switch the light schedule.

I pay way more attention to my leaves than my water, now. During my first grows I would stress out making sure the pH was right. Now the pH is easy to maintain, so I spend all my stress on staying pest free.

Some people might think that's overboard, but Im in mite country and they are on everything outside.

17. Thanks man, this has been a process to get to this set-up and it's still not the caliber I want. But hey, should work!
    For bugs I have been spraying a mix of my organic bug killer and azamax. See a house fly or mosquito occasionally but no other signs of bugs...whew!
    Biggest thing I have learned is to keep a detailed journal about eveything...this stoner had trouble remembering what I had for breakfast let alone what day I applied this and what day I cut that, etc!
    But hey, hang around, should be a cool grow

18. Haha yeah, my first grow I learned the hard way to write everything down, and not do anything when Im super baked. Waking up the next day realizing you left the room light on during the night cycle cause you were faded that night is no fun.

19. #39 smokin5280, Aug 15, 2011
    Fuck I hear that, I don't do anything in there stoned anymore, I also don't get baked before I need to do something in there important...did I just say the same thing twice? Lol!

20. Ugh, I hate waiting for the UPS guy... <sigh>