Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smokin' Problem

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by justbud, Sep 29, 2004.

1. As some of you may remember, I've been smokin' for 35+ yrs., and I'm having some problems with the weed I get from this certain grower. He's been a pal of mine for a couple of yrs. now, and has helped me immensely with my own grow and freebies from his garden.

He grows strains for their medicinal nature, and as MM painkillers go, his are amoung the best I've ever encountered.

Anyway, lately he has stopped flushing his plants and they seem to be getting harsher. Mind you, the first couple of tokes in the bubbler are heavenly, Then the next couple are okay, but the weed turns black and then the coughing and hacking starts. Is this due to some chems being left in the plant? I don't have this problem with anything from the other two gardens I peruse.

I'd like to suggest that he start flushing again, but he's been growing aeons longer than I, and I don't want to hurt his feelings, by trying to tell him how to grow. What do you folks think?

2. Well, if he's a good friend, and you think you can be honest, you could tell him that you've been having these problems with his herb. You could see how he reacts. If he starts tossing out possibilities for the cause, you could put in your suggestion as well.

Otherwise, you could always ask him the same thing but say it's another grower's problem. "So-and-so has been having trouble with his weed. When he smokes it the later hits are black and harsh. What do you think he's doing wrong?"

Either way, I don't think it's a good idea to keep smoking herb with crap still in it.

3. Yea i would just bring it to his attention, maybe if he knows he will start flushin the plants again.

4. Yeah I would for sure tell my grower if i was having problems with his weed.

5. yea if he bitches at you just say that its just a suggestion

6. dunno why he would stop if it was working out well for him...

anyhow, yes indeed he should flush his plants before harvest to get the fert chems and what not out..will help the bud out alot.