Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smokin Bananas...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by C Weezy, Dec 17, 2004.

1. yo i don't think anyone made a thread about this if they did sorry

ok well i was talkin to my friend and he was sayin that you can smoke part of a banana, and i didn't believe him at first but then i asked about 4 other people and they all said they heard that too, so now i'm askin the people for advice who would know

they said that you take the shit stuck to the inside of the peel...shave it off...roll it up into a paper...bake it in the oven at 350 degrees until the thing turns a golden brown color...then smoke it like a regular joint

it's supposed to give you something like a shroom trip, that's what people said

anybody got info on this?

2. <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=qa width=50>Q:</TD><TD class=q_text>Can I get high from smoking banana peels? I read that on a couple of webpages. I highly doubt it's true, but if there's anywhere I could find out the TRUTH it'd be here. :) thanks.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center colSpan=2 height=40><HR color=#224400>A:</TD></TR><TR><TD class=qa></TD><TD class=a_text>Nope, though there are persistent reports of people who say you can get high from smoking banana peels (or bananas, or extracted bananas), this is a myth has been around since the late 1960s. There are no psychoactive components in banana peels, despite scientific names such as "banandine" being created to perpetuate the myth. Smoking just about anything is likely to make one feel light-headed, but this is not the same as getting high.

source: http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?A=Show&QID=1620

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

3. Yeah I heard that too.....

I was pretty curious and did some reasearch and found out that it's just not true. But if you tell someone that it works and you've tried it and it was awesome, and they go ahead and do it, they'll probably be high as a kite. It's all psycological, but thats better then any other high i think.....

The mind is a powerfull tool, we just have to learn to use it.....

4. ha i dunno but theres a fuckin rotten ass banana in my sisters room in her droor

5. I hope you didn't touch it :D

6. is it her disposable dildo?

i appolgize for putting that thought into your head, but it had to asked.

7. i found this sick ass banana that my friend left in my droor as a prank and i didnt find it funny so i went over to his house (he lives next door) and i threw it in his face. It was the rankest smelling shit anyone has ever smelled. Seriously, the thing just fucking got plastered all over his face, and he started gagging and fucking blew chunks all over the floor :) i just about passed out laughing.

8. Lmao, you smoke bananas? is that like smoking sausage? :D

what a wierdo.

:smoking:

9. yup me and my lil cousin used to make this shit when we were lil kids......... gives u a light headed feeling like ciggarettes... ist hella gay.

10. HAHAHA smoking bananas. god, some of you people are a piece of work.

yes you can smoke bananas.

will it give you a buzz? fuck no

it was a rumor started in the 60's to throw cops off and get them distracted

11. if you have the time to try and get high off bannanas you hay the time to mow your neighbers lawn and buy some weed
    then you can smoke bannans for the hell of it
    then listen to alkaline trio

12. i don't like alkaline trio or any of that kind of music...i stick to rap

and i never said i tried smokin bananas - to everybody raggin on me - i'm just sayin i heard it from a couple friends

13. greenhit totally stole this thread with his sisters banana dildo!

14. you can't get high off of smoking bananas in any way, shape, or form you stupid fucks. rumor ended and killed right here. pass it along. stop that bullshit dead in its tracks.