Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smokin a cig after smokin a bowl?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Muddy, Jan 29, 2009.

1. So this kid was at my dealers house pickin up his shit the same time I was and he starts going off about how smokin a cig after smoking a bowl will get you higher. I called bullshit, I've never heard anything like this before and I've never fealt higher after smokin a cig. So he gives me some lecture about how nicotine is bigger than THC or something like that and the nicotine pushes the THC lingering in your body up to your head making you feel higher.

Sure, that could make sense...I guess. But I'm still calling bullshit. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, enlighten me. And give me a better reason than nicotine pushing THC around through my body :rolleyes:

2. This is just my opinion but yeah. I wouldn't say it gets you higher. The only thing smoking a cig after a bowl does is gives you a more light headed feeling, and that's only if your not a regular cigarette smoker.

- For me smoking a cigarette after a bowl doesn't do anything but a bit of light headedness

3. i think that word spreads on these kinds of things and people think about it too much and it has a placebo effect.

4. smoking a cigarette or even just mixing tobacco in with your weed will give you a head rush from the nicotine but the longevity of the high will be diminished..lamens - you wont be high as long and you are gonna wanna smoke again

5. i agree with the previous posts and state that the extra feeling you get after smoking a bowl and cig is just the nicotine buzz...

be wary,
    because that cig you ONLY have after a bowl turns into a few cigs to "simulate" the high feeling when you're dry..

then you're down that slippery road to addiction....

trust me dude you don't want to be stuck on cigarettes.

i've tried to quit numerous times and I always struggle.... i'm in the middle of struggling right now...

although smoking spliffs all the time doesn't help that....

hehe,
    peace,
    hippy

6. Not sure why everyone questions whether or not a cigarette will get you 'higher', why not just have another rip or another bowl if you don't feel you're at the level you want.

I have a cigarette after the first bowl usually but I'm laying off so I'm down to about 1 cigarette a day so I usually have one in the morning with my wake n bake and I'm good from then. It's just nice to have a stogie after a bowl if you like them.

7. #7 bcustom28k, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
    There is no truth to cigs getting you "higher" If u dont smoke tobacco regularly, you will get a head rush, --- You may feel higher, but its just the nicotine.

By the way I love smoking a nice camel filter after a good session- as long as im not abt to get my eat on.

8. According to recent studies, nicotine peaks your high much quicker and keeps it there longer.

Basically, you get more out of your high. Sounds worth it to me :)

9. my friend swears by smokin a dig after we toke

10. honestly may sound stupid but from personal experience

i use to light up a cigg the second after i smoked a blunt or bowl or whatever to get the smell off well as much as i could. an i gotta say it depends

like after i smoked a bunch of regs an smoked a cigg after it didnt do much but then when ive smoked northern or widow or jack hera the second i take one drag i'd feel it more an about 15 mins after finishin the cig that "type" of high would fade an it would be the MJ high still. There is some truth in it nicotine is a very very powerful drug an yes it is a drug if you mix any two drug's your sure to get different reactions for everyone you really can't dictate on something if youve never tried its always best on first hand experience

so the answer to your question is yes you can get higher it's just how your body react's to both drug's

p.s. its ridic. if you smoke a cigg same time omggg lol

11. Yeah I agree, for me it kind of either extends the high or adds another ingredient for your high like salt in a recipe ahha. Menthol ciggarettes is what i would smoke. Newports or marlboro menthol milds. Dope :smoking:

12. my roommate this year swears by smoking a turkish gold right after a bowl...never fails to light one up unless were smoking a blunt...or hes out of $ for cigs lol

13. menthol seems to do it the best out of i have to say cause its a very VERY strong ingredient

14. it just buzzes your high

15. honestly when I'm high or when I'm high and drunk or just drunk, the cigaretttes just make the high/drunk alot better.

16. It won't make you higher, it will make you more stoned though. When I'm smoking my last bowl of the day, I always mix with tobacco. But generally it's a bad idea, I find it makes the lessens the high and the high is over quickly. It just gives you a 3 minute rush because of the nicotine, and after that you will feel like smoking more again.

17. I really kind of doubt that it gets you "more high" I do think that you get a nicotine rush though, as with anyone else who does not normally smoke cigs. Personally I really enjoy the cig after though.

18. ja i hear its true.. a more intense high but for shorter because all the remaining thc gets pushed through quicker.. tobacco and weed are a winning combination

19. I'd have a hard time finding a public toilet that's more full of shit than your dealer.

Nicotine and THC activate different receptors in your brain. Theres no pushing around involved at all. It's just that the nicotine headrush makes a weed high more intense... I mean, think about it - you're high and making yourself light headed. Of course you're going to feel fucked up.

20. Epic.