Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smokers superstitions!!!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by dat49sthaze, Mar 24, 2009.

1. okay so theres like rules and superstitions in smoking...like ive heard white lighters are bad luck...passing to the right and one ii personally beleive in is if the person who rolled the blunt doesnt light it, its bad luck.

there has been three different occassions where the person who didnt roll the blunt lit the blunt and bad things happened!

ONE time we were burning in my friends house and someone who didnt roll lit it up and the kids mom came home banging on the door cause he locked it!! we airefreshened dat bitch and exited the house with our heads down.

and two other times we were burning outside and the cops rolled up on us!!!

so now if you roll that shit! you better light that shit!! lolz:smoking:

2. Nah my friend rolled a blunt with my dro so I sparked it and everything went just peachy. :D

3. Where I'm from (michigan) they say yellow lighters are bad luck. I don't believe it but it seemed like bad shit always seemed to happen when I had one haha.

4. I only smoke out of white bic lighters because people say that it causes bad luck. Who falls for this shit?

5. My friends and I all try to only smoke with white lighters, because we want to debunk the myth.

One week, I bought a new lighter, and toked up in the sketchiest places on purpose to see if I got caught. I smoked-

-Under a surveillance camera
    -At my work
    -In the middle of the street in the daytime
    -At my house (I'm a college student so I go to my parent's house for breaks)

Nada. Reading into the method to the madness of why white lighters are bad luck is interesting though.

(taken from Urbandictionary)

"The real history to the white lighter myth and why they are unlucky is based on four famous and revolutionary musicians of the second half of the 20th century. Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrex, Janis Joplin, and Kurt Cobain were all left-handed, all died at the age of 27, and all their autopsies reported that a white bic lighter was found in their pockets. This is why it is said that white lighters are unlucky. So if you are 27 and left-handed, dont use a white bic lighter, you will die. "

6. Some things are bad luck.

-Sketchy ass places where cops drive by
    -Sketchy people
    -Sketchy dealers

Basically, if it's sketchy, it's bad luck.

Also, passing to the right is tight on friday night.

7. whitelighter is 100% def true. everytime anything bad happened it was with a white lighter. cops at my place white lighter, friend broke the bowl of the bong white lighter, blunts fucked up white lighter etc.

8. Luck has nothing to do with external forces, ie. lighter colors, black cats, broken mirrors, who lit the blunt. Luck is just luck. Those other things are coincidence.

9. #9 b-low, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
    dont smoke on 8:40.... i always said lets smoke on 8:40 and get twice as high, but the past couple times i did that, i nearly got busted....
    as for white lighters its completed bullshit....

10. Its the superstition thread, not the "ruin our fun with your damn science" thread.

White lighters are a no go, and I try to avoid yellow when possible.

11. i never heard of the white lighter thing but i always made sure i didnt have a white one i just think there gay

12. What's so gay about white lighters? I personally like them the most. You can accurately see how much fluid is left in it and its a BIC. I hate having dark colored BICs because you can't see the fluid and you always run out at the exact wrong time. Just my .02.

13. When i was arrested with basically a felony in the car i had a WHITE lighter...

14. had a sesh with a white lighter the other day. nothing bad came from it.

15. ive heard of pretty much every superstition....never really had anything bad happen. but then again no one really cares if u smoke in my town

16. I always carry a white BIC on me. In fact, I had my white BIC on me when I found $60 hanging out of an ATM in Country Fair lol. Doesn't sound like bad luck to me.:smoking:

17. Yeah I never use white lighters... I dont care if theyre bad luck or not I just like my lucky green one better.

lol One superstition that I always have is this:
    My best friend is from Nigeria and he always says he has like a sketchy radar. Everytime he thinks something is not right I refuse to do anything. Everytime he says something bad is gonna happen it does. He didnt wanna go to random parties last year and all of them got busted :eek:.
    Its crazy. So pretty much I listen to whatever he says haha

18. Shit i have the same radar as ur homie and I follow mine also. Kept me outta hella shitty situations

19. Does anyone actually believe in superstitions? I mean really... its stuff that only toddlers believe. If you believe any of this shit you mise well carry around a rabbits foot, and throw salt behind your back all the time...

20. I've heard about the white and yellow lighter and don't see too many of them around here all though I believe its bullshit. The passing thing is not acknowledged around here. Usually me and my friends split sacks so if you bought most of it and the other buyer is on the right or left no matter what whoever threw down gets seconds or thirds. As for the roller/lighter thing whoevers weed it is or whoever roles it is how it goes around here , either way.