Smokers over 40yrs. Old

Discussion in 'General' started by dank48, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Remember back in the day when all that was available was commercial weed. Brown weed with plenty of seeds and stems. Then finally the first green bud came around (sencimella) and we were loving that!!! Now days there are so many strains it's ridiculous!!!! I was looking at this website, I think it's called leafy.com and they had to have about 100 different strains(indica and sativa) and that's not even counting hybrids!!! Also on this other site I read about first person to die from smoking bud. It happened in California where this grower chemically engineered his plants and they wound up having a t.h.c. content of 45%, I think it was called killer bud . Fucked up right?? It almost makes me want to try some!!! What do you guys think about all the changes in weed in the last 25-30yrs.???

Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If you want to read article about person that died from smoking weed called "killer green bud" go to: nationalreport.net/marijuana-kills-fatal-strain

3. #3 smokingmarathon, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    National Report is satire.....

4. Lol it is physically impossible to o.d. via smokingsent from underneath my balls

5. What about the 45% t.h.c. content???

6. [quote name="dank48" post="19385398" timestamp="1390393305"]What about the 45% t.h.c. content???Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]What about dabs that have 60% thc content? Bro, it's IMPOSSIBLE. You will sleep before you o.d. via smoking.sent from underneath my balls

7. My bad, I've been smoking for awhile and I queues I have more to learn, that article is bullshit then, sorry!!!!

8. lol there's an article on that site titled "colorado residents injecting marijuana, turning them gay"

The comments are even funnier

9. I queues I'm just an old school smoker that just rolls a joint and I'm good. All these concentrates like wax is new to me, the closest I got was oil!!

10. [quote name="dank48" post="19386163" timestamp="1390409537"]I queues I'm just an old school smoker that just rolls a joint and I'm good. All these concentrates like wax is new to me, the closest I got was oil!!Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Understandable. But pls do your research before saying derogatory and untrue tings about the herb we all know and love in an open forum.sent from underneath my balls

11. In my fifties, and I still think that those old-school landraces back in the 60s/70s smoked better than the new hybrids. Although once in a while, I do find something really fine. I think with the legal retail in Colorado, we'll get some nice quality eventually, but it'll take a while for the markets to settle. And when I say quality, I'm not saying just high THC content, I want that nice fragrance and taste too.

12. sorry, I was basing that info. on that stupid article, which turned out to be false!!! Next time I post I'll be sure to be accurate!!!

13. Hiya dank... no worries brother we all have found articles that seem legit but turn out to be crap man..
    Im with you on the dabs and waxes , im to old school for that...

Glad you found the city hope you enjoy it here.....

Yoda

14. Yoda, I've been part of G.C. for a couple of months. I feel the same way about dabs and waxes. I would like to try it, but I'm happy with my joints. By the way I'm a female. Thanks for the support from one old school smoker to another!!!

15. I find it confusing as all hell. I suppose danker is better, and I can understand the desire for an "up" high or a "down" high, but beyond that, wtf is all this shit in between? It's just weed, man!

16. I completely agree, I prefer the couch lock high(indica dominate) the kind we always had access to, now I'm always getting different strains, some of which I don't like. For now on I have to ask my connect. what strain he has, then find out if it's indica dominate before I cop. what ever happened to just calling your connect, and getting a nice bag of green bud that was usually the same consistency and always got a good high from it. And I never thought I'd see the day where weed is legal in certain states. DDDAAAMMMNNN things have changed!!!

17. I remember when getting shake was common, and we'd smoke leaf all the time cuz we couldn't afford bud...lol

Even then the bud you could get was always full of seeds, I had a friend who had a quart jar full of seeds he pulled from bud.

18. Brings back memories when I would use a album cover to clean weed, to get all the seeds and stems out!!!!

19. Led Zeppelin cover always seemed handy. Then I used my "Rolling Stone" magazine when it started. It was portable and replaced every month.

Times 2 Brother!

im almost 40 . I didn't think this would happen in my lifetime , never dreamed it. I didn't think it would happen and I certainly didn't think when It happened that I would be at a spot in my life where I would be moving my family to the forefront(Colorado) in the legalization frenzy .