Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoked out of a lego bowl

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jakeadden, Nov 29, 2011.

1. You might as well smoke from a tinfoil pipe if you're that desperate...

2. Hell yeah! We can all sue each other then go on Judge Judy and
    hotbox the shit out of her court room with our lego pipe! :wave:

Bitch wont be soo mean then!:D

3. Yea I know, someone made it. Still semi related to the topic.

4. Smoking out of aluminum foil isn't that good for you either!

Link between Aluminum and the Pathogenesis of Alzheimer's Disease: The Integration of the Aluminum and Amyloid Cascade Hypotheses. (full - 2011)
    Link between Aluminum and the Pathogenesis of Alzheimer's Disease: The Integration of the Aluminum and Amyloid Cascade Hypotheses

On the up side-

Prevention of Alzheimer's Disease Pathology by Cannabinoids: Neuroprotection Mediated by Blockade of Microglial Activation (full - 2005) Prevention of Alzheimer's Disease Pathology by Cannabinoids: Neuroprotection Mediated by Blockade of Microglial Activation

But I would still avoid aluminum pipes or using foil!

Granny

5. Lmao legos? How do people think of this shit?

6. #46 hippie4u, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
  7. Wow, just use a water bottle or roll a joint next time, if u can't afford glass joints are the way for youu.
    a nice lego pipe would look badass but too bad that shit is plastic, could use a lego design made out of glass tho (ideas for designers lol)

8. #48 BadKittySmiles, Nov 29, 2011
    Not only will the legos absolutely still get hot, melt and burn with aluminum foil present, but you shouldn't be smoking from foil, either.

Kids burn right through foil in a single session, even if it takes longer for one person to burn through it than the next, that doesn't make his use of foil any healthier or more safe than the next guy, and where exactly do you think all that missing aluminum debris winds up once it's gone?

It is a fact in the metal industry, that inhaling concentrated aluminum debris even in isolated cases, can cause permanent damage. Repeated exposure only guarantees this. But sometimes, just once is all it takes for your life to be changed forever.

Eating aluminum foil is very different, than inhaling it.. oral toxicity is considered low to begin with, you have an open-ended digestive tract where solid waste can be disposed of.
    But metal debris can remain lodged in your lungs for life, which causes scar tissue, and irregular masses, growths and lumps of tissue in the surrounding areas, all of which severely reduce lung function (and that's if you're lucky).

"Long term health effects from inhalation of plastic and aluminum fumes while smoking pot? When I was 15-16 (I'm 18 now), my friends and I used to smoke pot out of a bong made of a plastic water bottle, an empty plastic pen shaft for the pipe, and aluminum foil wrapped around the pen as a bowl. The plastic around the tip of the pen melted slightly on several occasions (the most recent, after which we stopped doing this, caused the pen to bend). About 6 months ago, maybe 6-12 months after I stopped smoking altogether, I had a lung collapse. The doctors say this happens spontaneously in tall thin males, so isn't necessarily tied to this (I haven't mentioned this). It's six months since the surgery and I'm still having pains. . .kinda embarassed to admit I did something this stupid to my doctor or surgeon. Will my health be OK even though I made some bad choices? I used the aforementioned device between 0-3 times a week for maybe two years, was never a heavy drug user. I'm supposed to go up to college soon and don't really want to die or anything..dr apt tomorrow, should I ask?" From - Long term health effects from inhalation of plastic and aluminum fumes while smoking pot? - Yahoo! Answers

" Reactivity
    1. Conditions contributing to instability: Contact between aluminum powder and ignition sources may create a severe explosion hazard. Because it is strongly electropositive, aluminum corrodes rapidly in contact with other metals.
    2. Incompatibilities: Aluminum is an extremely reactive metal. Contact between aluminum and acids, caustics, combustible materials, chlorinated hydrocarbons, and strong oxidizers should be avoided.
    3. Hazardous decomposition products: None reported.
    4. Special precautions: Aluminum may corrode in contact with other metals.
    - Rats exposed by inhalation to aluminum dust developed pneumonitis.

- Inhalation or intratracheal injection of aluminum dust caused infections in the respiratory system of the rats and rabbits exposed.

- Interstitial fibrosis with hyalinosis, emphysema, and hemorrhage were noted and reportedly led to the development of bullous emphysema, bronchopneumonia, and hemorrhagic pneumonia.
    (Those words, mean that you get little lumps and tumors in your lungs, from inhaling aluminum debris, and those lumps can keep you sick almost indefinitely, ie; the rest of your life, with pneumonia-like symptoms. [​IMG])

- In addition to the alterations of the lungs, changes in the walls of blood vessels, kidneys, spleen, liver, and meninges were also reported

- Some patients on long-term hemodialysis develop speech disorders, dementia, or convulsions. This syndrome is associated with increased concentration of aluminum in serum, brain, muscle, and bone

* Signs and symptoms of exposure
    1. Acute exposure: Acute exposure to aluminum dust has resulted in eye irritation.
    2. Chronic exposure: The signs and symptoms of chronic exposure to aluminum metal dust include shortness of breath, weakness, and cough."

And that's just what aluminum dust does.. that's not even including the consequences of inhaling a cocktail of burning fumes, solid debris, and corroded metal.

As a young kid, without a care in the world, you may be able to trick yourself into thinking you feel fine after abusing your body in certain ways, and at that age you think that you're invincible. But you're not. And if you take that for granted and continue exposure, in a few years, your body is going to remind you that you're not invincible, in ways that you can't ignore. :(

If a person is of-age, and has just a fraction of intelligence lodged somewhere in his brain, he has no excuse for using foil, or plastic pipes.

It's ridiculous that these stories keep popping up. And what's worse, even after the OP was concerned for his own health, and even after all the discussion, we still have people thinking that it's a good idea, or that it 'looks cool' when it actually looks pretty darn pathetic, and as far as good ideas go, it's even more unintelligent, than it is silly and sad looking. :(

If you are of age, and you can afford to pay for your bud, then you can afford to use it properly, rather than smoking, inhaling and exposing your lungs to plastic and aluminum debris, and permanently reducing your lung capacity like a blissfully ignorant child, who wants to be able to throw away or hide the evidence from mommy. :)

If you really like legos, you're that devoted to them, and you want something that's actually a little nifty, then just talk to your local glass blowers about having a lego bong designed and blown for you.

9. A lego pipe with say a glass bong bowl seems alot safer

10. Jesus, 4 pages of people telling OP he's stupid

Really, people? You don't think he understands by now? :rolleyes:

11. Where this is an open forum, and people are openly discussing topics among themselves, it's not necessarily all aimed at the OP... how about all the people between his post, and now, who still thought it could potentially be a good idea ;)

That, and I don't think there's been a single person who said the OP was stupid. Fortunately, a good number of members have been making intelligent contributions to the thread :)

12. don't smoke plastic lol

13. #53 Castle 420, Nov 29, 2011
    pics or didn't happen.

@badkitty

Woahhhh

14. Crow got to it first when I saw the foil one I thought "Troll or Ignorant" lol

15. [quote name='"BadKittySmiles"']

Not only will the legos absolutely still get hot, melt and burn with aluminum foil present, but you shouldn't be smoking from foil, either.

Kids burn right through foil in a single session, even if it takes longer for one person to burn through it than the next, that doesn't make his use of foil any healthier or more safe than the next guy, and where exactly do you think all that missing aluminum debris winds up once it's gone?

It is a fact in the metal industry, that inhaling concentrated aluminum debris even in isolated cases, can cause permanent damage. Repeated exposure only guarantees this. But sometimes, just once is all it takes for your life to be changed forever.

Eating aluminum foil is very different, than inhaling it.. oral toxicity is considered low to begin with, you have an open-ended digestive tract where solid waste can be disposed of.
    But metal debris can remain lodged in your lungs for life, which causes scar tissue, and irregular masses, growths and lumps of tissue in the surrounding areas, all of which severely reduce lung function (and that's if you're lucky).

"Long term health effects from inhalation of plastic and aluminum fumes while smoking pot? When I was 15-16 (I'm 18 now), my friends and I used to smoke pot out of a bong made of a plastic water bottle, an empty plastic pen shaft for the pipe, and aluminum foil wrapped around the pen as a bowl. The plastic around the tip of the pen melted slightly on several occasions (the most recent, after which we stopped doing this, caused the pen to bend). About 6 months ago, maybe 6-12 months after I stopped smoking altogether, I had a lung collapse. The doctors say this happens spontaneously in tall thin males, so isn't necessarily tied to this (I haven't mentioned this). It's six months since the surgery and I'm still having pains. . .kinda embarassed to admit I did something this stupid to my doctor or surgeon. Will my health be OK even though I made some bad choices? I used the aforementioned device between 0-3 times a week for maybe two years, was never a heavy drug user. I'm supposed to go up to college soon and don't really want to die or anything..dr apt tomorrow, should I ask?" From - Long term health effects from inhalation of plastic and aluminum fumes while smoking pot? - Yahoo! Answers

" Reactivity

[*]Conditions contributing to instability: Contact between aluminum powder and ignition sources may create a severe explosion hazard. Because it is strongly electropositive, aluminum corrodes rapidly in contact with other metals.
    [*]Incompatibilities: Aluminum is an extremely reactive metal. Contact between aluminum and acids, caustics, combustible materials, chlorinated hydrocarbons, and strong oxidizers should be avoided.
    [*]Hazardous decomposition products: None reported.
    [*]Special precautions: Aluminum may corrode in contact with other metals.

- Rats exposed by inhalation to aluminum dust developed pneumonitis.

- Inhalation or intratracheal injection of aluminum dust caused infections in the respiratory system of the rats and rabbits exposed.

- Interstitial fibrosis with hyalinosis, emphysema, and hemorrhage were noted and reportedly led to the development of bullous emphysema, bronchopneumonia, and hemorrhagic pneumonia.
    (Those words, mean that you get little lumps and tumors in your lungs, from inhaling aluminum debris, and those lumps can keep you sick almost indefinitely, ie; the rest of your life, with pneumonia-like symptoms. )

- In addition to the alterations of the lungs, changes in the walls of blood vessels, kidneys, spleen, liver, and meninges were also reported

- Some patients on long-term hemodialysis develop speech disorders, dementia, or convulsions. This syndrome is associated with increased concentration of aluminum in serum, brain, muscle, and bone

* Signs and symptoms of exposure

[*]Acute exposure: Acute exposure to aluminum dust has resulted in eye irritation.
    [*]Chronic exposure: The signs and symptoms of chronic exposure to aluminum metal dust include shortness of breath, weakness, and cough."

And that's just what aluminum dust does.. that's not even including the consequences of inhaling a cocktail of burning fumes, solid debris, and corroded metal.

As a young kid, without a care in the world, you may be able to trick yourself into thinking you feel fine after abusing your body in certain ways, and at that age you think that you're invincible. But you're not. And if you take that for granted and continue exposure, in a few years, your body is going to remind you that you're not invincible, in ways that you can't ignore. :(

If a person is of-age, and has just a fraction of intelligence lodged somewhere in his brain, he has no excuse for using foil, or plastic pipes.

It's ridiculous that these stories keep popping up. And what's worse, even after the OP was concerned for his own health, and even after all the discussion, we still have people thinking that it's a good idea, or that it 'looks cool' when it actually looks pretty darn pathetic, and as far as good ideas go, it's even more unintelligent, than it is silly and sad looking. :(

If you are of age, and you can afford to pay for your bud, then you can afford to use it properly, rather than smoking, inhaling and exposing your lungs to plastic and aluminum debris, and permanently reducing your lung capacity like a blissfully ignorant child, who wants to be able to throw away or hide the evidence from mommy. :)

If you really like legos, you're that devoted to them, and you want something that's actually a little nifty, then just talk to your local glass blowers about having a lego bong designed and blown for you.[/quote]

I think someone may have just outdone granny... o.o

16. sorry i forgot to mention i did use tin foil

17. OH NO!!! Say it aint soo!!!

Now all the foil haters are going to come back here and write a book post
    on how its soooooooooooooooooooo bad for you!:laughing:

18. Damn son, tin foil is really fucking nasty.
    I would not recommend further use of ANY tin foil smoking devices.

19. Tin foil is bad because of this one fact.
    Would you put a bag over your grandma's head? No? Then alright.

20. If it was a one time thing, don't trip at all. Just like smoking from foil, as long as you don't do it everyday or often, it's not that bad.