Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoked in dorm, set off alarm, meeting with Conduct.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by freshbutdepressed, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Lemme provide context. Before I do so, yes I know this was stupid.

Last week, me and my friend smoked in my dorm. I have done this before except by myself and I would blow the smoke outside my window. No smell, no nothin detected. That day we were drinking vodka and smoking from my bowl. We were kinda being really lenient about it, disregarding the fact that we were kinda blowing smoke like almost right under the alarm. We smoked on and off for about and hour, the alarm didnt go off then so I knew it wasnt as sensitive. But then I remembered that I didnt crack my window open.
    (Before I continue, I think it's worth noting that I live in a suite. Its me and 5 other girls, 3 rooms, two girls per room, and a big common room.)
    So, me and this boy are chilling then the alarm goes off in my room. All the rooms on the 4th floor only (where I stay) had to evacuate. So me and the boy grab everything (bowl, weed, alcohol, lighter), we crack open the window, and we dip to his car cause I was having an AWFUL panic attack. We wait in his car for about 20-30minutes before my suitemate tells me its safe to go back in. She said the police were going to issue me a "citation with a price" which I have no issue with, but yesterday I received an email from the office of conduct -- they want to discuss my "alleged behavior". Additionally, when I got back to my room, it didnt smell much like weed but I'm sure it did since my suitemate smelled it. So im sure they knew I had weed.

SO. Im comin to yall. What should I do? They didnt find anything, only thing there was the smell. I'm trying not to panic too much since the only evidence was the smell but me, being an 18 year old suffering from bitchass anxiety, I'm a little shook.

TLDR; smoked in dorm, set off alarm, police/RA's didnt find anything, but I have a meeting with the Conduct office tomorrow.

I'm not a bad student, I have a clean record and currently a 3.6gpa. Not like that really means much but hopefully theyll take that into consideration. These things happen.

2. Just deny it there's no way they can prove who set the alarm off

3. Get your story straight so that what you tell Conduct doesn't conflict with whatever you've said to date. Go pick up some legal herbal smoke stuff from a shop and have that on hand in case you need to pull it out and say you were smoking this. I think they're just trying to intimidate you so stand your ground.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thats smart! I'll keep that in mind.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You have the right to remain silent. You'd be surprised how far doing nothing can get you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I think the penalty would be similar because you can't smoke anything in a dorm room.

Just don't admit to anything. You said you share the room with like 4 other people, the only way you should cop to it is if they threaten to charge everyone in your room. At that point just admit it, no use in fucking other people over from your mistake.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SO! I just got back from speakin with the lady, and to make it short I'm good. :D
    I'm on "deferred housing separation" probation. Sounds scary but it basically means if I fuck up again, I might get my housing contract removed. I told her that I was vaping CBD for my anxiety, which could explain the smell (I know CBD doesnt smell like actual weed, but since cbd and weed have a correlation then fuck it) and she was like "okay, not illegal, youre fine." The only reason I got this severe of a probation was because I had set the alarm off earlier the semester via a candle, and they didnt speak to me about it then.
    But yeah, regardless I'm straight.
    Finessed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1