Smogs 2nd run of Afghan Goo in a SOG

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by BossSmogHog, Mar 29, 2012.

1. nah not much money and not sure what to get. they should be done within a month so really how much could it help them? well maybe a bit but then there is the no money. sucks right now. but i would what would be best for the cheapest?

2. if you don't have any cash to spend on nutes, why not ask around in the outside/veggie gardeners for tips on brewing up some nutes/teas ect.

middy

3. the ones in dirt didnt make it. where i had to move em to i wasnt able to check on them and the person helping me did not listen and screwed em up. oh well. good news though, starting things back up with house owner and no other partner involved. have 5 blue dream mothers im going to cut clones from and 9 afghan goo clones that im going to veg and cut a bunch of clones from. not going to use the 3x6, since i got rid of one of the 600w lights. hoping to get atleast 50 to 64 clones going in about a month, put those in the 3x3 and put those under the 1 600w left. its going to be tight with maybe a week of veg, and trim the lower four, there should be plenty of room. thats the plan fingers crossed.

4. alright things are blowing up as you can see in the pics. about a week ago i topped the afghan clones and they are really filling out. the blue dreams are massive and i could probably cut enough clones just from them to fill the cloner and then the table. i may do that dont really feel like waiting till the Goo's get big enough to cut em up. plus by that time the blue dreams will be a lot bigger and will bury the smaller Goos which wont be good, theyre already doing that some and i had to add those two clamp lights, and ive had to raise the 2 lights so much cause the blue dreams are blowing up and they smell so good. fingers still crossed

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      542.4 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      451.9 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      365.9 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      596.5 KB
      Views:
  5. so how many plants are you going to put under the 600w to flower ?
    middy

6. hoping to put at least 50. i want them all the same age and size and my cloner has spots for 64 so yeah hopefully 50 but as many that can fit and whatever survives. and its going to be all blue dream, the mothers are just getting too big, while the goos are bushing out nicely but im going have to cut clones soon, within the week. just checked em out today, the water in the cloner is ready, put rhizotonic and just a bit of veg nutes and getting the ph right. there'll be new pics over the weekend.

7. cut clones tuesday night, i got some free time and couldnt wait. they're still green and looking good, filled all 64 sites, used up 3 of the blue dreams to do it though, but now im not sure what to do with the rest. theyre going to keep getting bigger and im going to need the room for when the goos get big and when i use the 3x3 to flower in. the only other table i have is a 2x2 and thatll be where the goos go. fuck it may just trash em after cutting a few clones off of them after these new babies are rooted and start new mothers and alternate strains every harvest.

wish i hadnt had to get rid of the other light and had another 3x3. the 3x6 is nice but at the moment and even before i really didnt have enough to fill it right off, and i was putting newly flowering plants with almost done plants and their nutes schedules got a little whacked. having the two 3x3s and another light i could have them a month apart and so then have a harvest every month. boy itld be nice, maybe in a few months.

moved the rest around so theyre under one of the lights and the 9 goos under the other. moved em around enough so that the goos have their light right on top of them and dont have to share any of it. everything is looking real good will post some pics later tonight.

8. here they are, so excited to be backing gardening. ive learned something to with these clones. i FIM'd early on, like a week after i moved them to the table and they bushed out like crazy, so depending on what i want to do with the clone, either grow a mother or flower it as a multi-branch then im FIMing it, but in SOG not going to touch them. though with this being the first time budding blue dream i am going to FIM a few just to see what happens. maybe next time i wont need 64 to fill the table with fat sticky buds.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      490.9 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      499.9 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      467.2 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      504 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      417.1 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      242.1 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      254.3 KB
      Views:
  9. thats looking good dude and a lot of work cutting that many clones, good job!!
    middy

10. thanks only took about an hour or so. didnt shave the bottom eaither, just a simple cut. i did that to the goos that are growing now, but i didnt a bunch more roots just the main one from the cut and then all the fish bone ones. yeah heres hoping i did a good job with cutting all those clones. the dude at the hydro store said with rhizotonic and a little bit of veg nutes its hard to kill a plant and thats whats in the cloner. and that one dude told him he was seeing root sprouts within 3 to 4 days, but thats probably with everything dialed in just right, i didnt flush the mothers or give them anything extra. ive read theres something special that you give to mothers a few days before you cut clones that will speed up the root production. anyways hope they all survive.

though there is one thing im worried about. a buddy grew some blue widow and each harvest popped seeds. last night i was reading another forum where they grew blue dream and they popped seeds. it almost seems to me that the blue strain is more likely to pop seeds, at least thats what ive seen, but i only read a few different grows and saw my buddy grow it like twice, maybe three times. but each time seeds came out of nowhere. i dont know, but i abused the hell out of the Goos in my last few grows and not a one seed came about.

11. still no roots and everything else is still blowing up. thinking about trashing all but one of the blue dreams then just throwing half of the goos in a table and flowering them out, and keeping the others for mothers, cause by next cycle i wont need 9 mothers. i just dont want to wait too much longer on these clones. ill get a decent amount from the goos and i know about them already. but i also wanted to grow some new stuff. dont want to be patient anymore cause even once i start the flowering itll still take at least 10 weeks. i dont know, just got all these ideas and plans, ill give the babies another 10 days or so and if no roots im flowering the goos, or maybe one of the blue dreams. theres a thought. use the 2x2 to flower one of the blue dreams, trash the other two, wait for the clones, then the Goos can have the whole 3x3, hell probably by the time the clones are ready ill be able to cut clones off the Goos but then.... ugh need to just wait for these clones to root and stick with the original plan i think.

12. why not get a sharp blade and give the clones a few gentle scrapes on the lower 1 1/2'' then recut the bottom 1/2 off , dip the ends into a rooting gel for a few mins before you put them back into the cloner with plain water and i bet you they will root.
    middy

13. eh ild rather not cut them again and i dont think i have to. i checked on things late last night and before when i checked for roots i just pulled a couple out at random, but last night i lifted the whole thing up to get a good look at all of em and about a third have some good looking roots. so im figuring just let them go a little bit longer.

more good news. a buddy of mine is getting rid of his stuff and im getting his 1000w hps for dirt cheap. yipee! thinking about putting one of the blue dream mothers under that in the 2x2 and just do some LST during the first couple of weeks, should fill out a bunch theyre already pretty big, plus i think blue dream is a sativa dominant so its going to stretch and with that 1000w and the tent is only 6.5 feet gonna have to keep it low.

also did some quick and simple math and with 6 inch pots ill only be able to fit just around 34 in the 3x3. shouldve known that from before because the original plan was to fill the 3x6 the same way and the most i could get in there was 72 6inch pots.

14. good news on the roots Boss,

puting a 1000w in a 2x2x6.5 is going to get a bit hot , how are you going to vent the heat.
    middy

15. lol no no no. my tent is 8x8x6.5, im talking about the other flood table i have. i have a 2x2 a 3x3 and a 3x6. what i need is a 2x3 cause that would fit real nicely with the room i have instead of the 3x3 to veg in, and then use the 3x3 and 2x2 to flower in and then eventually get another 3x3 to replace the 2x2. but yeah even with the 2 600s it got really hot in there but it was air tight and the room everything was in was locked up so not a whole lot of fresh air was getting in there except for what got through under the door. this time im going to leave two of the ports/vents/holes in the roof of the tent open to let that heat out. going to have to work on a way to get lots of fresh air in there too. theres a window in the room that i tried to use for inlet but it was a messed up design, ill just need to improve on it. going to check on things tomorrow hopefully more roots have grown but i do have a bunch still to setup before i can start flowering.

16. Roots galore after a weekend. ive had to pull a total of two clones that withered up and died and just about all of them have a good set of healthy roots except for about 6 or so that were on the farthest side from the light, need to come up with a better stand for the light or im thinking a small t5 fixture like a 4 bulb thats 2x2, ive seen em at the hydro store for like 80 bucks tho so ill just jimmy rig something up next time im ready to clone till i got the cash. also i think ive come up with a pretty good plan for when i start flowering. put some of the Goos in the 2x2 table under the 600w and fill the 3x3 with the blue dram clones under the 1000w. instead of putting one of the big blue dreams in the 2x2. somewhere i read sativa and sativa dominant strains need more light than indica and i know the goo will get pretty dense under the 600w. gonna have a bunch of work this weekend hopefully.

17. got the 1000w today. the hood isnt anything fancy, no glass isnt air cooled and no light reflective material inside so im going to get a new one asap, but hell it is a 1000 watts of weed growing light so screw it. clones are doing awesome, everyone of them has at least one beautiful white healthy root on it, gonna give the stragglers a few more days to catch up.

too many ideas rolling through my head. now im thinking ill just stick with the 3x6 to flower the clones in so i dont have to buy another table to finish vegging the Goos. kinda still tossing around the idea if i want to mix the strains on that one table or just fill it with all of the blue dream clones. eh ill probably stick with just blue dream this go-around. but then should i just pick the best of the clones and then throw one of the mothers in there too? then, should the clones or the mother be under the 1000w and which under the 600w? mmmm probably the clones cause theyll be pack in tighter and ill just be able to produce more from them. oh well still have to get an inline fan and this weekend will probably get this party started.

18. counting my eggs before theyve hatched... hooked up the 1000w and nothing, bit of a set back cant do what i wanted and a big ole buzz kill but oh well. ill just fill the 3x3 and put the 600w over that. got an inline fan, gonna do some work tonight and tomorrow night ill have some pics about monday

19. #59 BossSmogHog, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2012
    alright screw the 1000w, instead im gonna get an adjust a wing for my 600w and thatll cover enough, given that a 600w with an AAW will cover width wise 5.7 feet, so the ads say, and i only have a shade over 4 feet to cover and i dont plan on spreading the clones out either maybe a little bit, ill do some measuring and probably use 5 feet. i really need a 1000w because of the sativa dominant strain and i would much rather one just because a 1000w puts that much more weight on the buds and its a 1000w instead of a 600w, but not going to spend the money on a ballast and a large AAW right now, rather just buy an AAW for my 600w and get some bud going, a whole lot of bud.

did a bunch of work tonight. the pics are a little before and after. set up the 3x6 gonna veg the clones for a a number of days, probably till the smallest looks pretty strong. theres 52 in there right now, a number of the clones didnt root or they did but just didnt have enough to mess with. fixed my fresh air intake, just while i was working in there the temp dropped 3 degrees F, kind of impressed by that, cause of me moving and working and breathing i would have figured it would go up, i can only imagine once my fan is on sucking the old shit out and new shit in. i have veg nutes in the res for the 3x6, will do a res change for the 3x3 after i cut another 64 clones because the Goos are showing a little bit of wear on their bigger leaves so they need some new nutes and get rid of the blue dream mothers so i can spread the Goos out and let them blow the F up.

havent hooked up the inline fan yet but im not really worried about that till i have a high watt bulb in there making some real heat, and the clones start making some stink..

future plans. given the hype and ive been in love with the idea of the adjust a wings since i started reading up on this, im going to get one for the 1000w, plus becaue a 1000w with an AAW can cover way more then a 3x6, also a ballast for the 1000w after this harvest. then move the 3x3 into the tent which ill place under the 600w. 27 square feet covered by 1600w on alternating cycles i think thats gonna work out pretty good. then get a 2x4 to veg in. hell maybe even 2 of them cause ill need space for mothers and clones. gonna have to move some shit around but im pretty sure i have 8 feet in there that i can use. plus since ive moved the cloning station, and im pretty sure with the cloner angled and the lights like they are all the clones will get even lighting and basically start rooting and growing at the same time, ild like a 2x4 just for the clones to veg under the t5 fixture so theyll be nice and healthy when its time to fill the table again, then dpending on timing and the strain ill put the mother under the 600w in the 3x3 cause i love training my plants. its just fun to bend them this way and that to fit the area available. or depending on how much i get from a straight clone to flower plant, i will probably just fill that with clones too.

still have a bunch of work to do tomorrow. cut clones and clean out the tent, i got a whole lot of junk in there thats just kind of collected since i havent been budding anything. plus need to plan out the space for when i move the 3x3 in there. not sure if i will want to stick with the AAW for my 600w or go back to the air cooled one. ill just have to see what the temps are like after i get the 1000w and 600w going at the same time.

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      444.5 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      450.4 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      472.7 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      373.7 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      455.5 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      394.8 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      376.7 KB
      Views:
  20. alright got things done yesterday. chopped down the blue dreams cut clones and cleaned. its all coming together

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      557.8 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      502.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg