Smelly plants

Discussion in 'General' started by moleassae, May 13, 2009.

1. My plants were put into jars to dry out, (my friends idea not my own) The lids were kept sealed for 4 days then a fungus began to grow on them, i thought the best thing to do to kill the fungus and to save the plants was to get the moisture out so i put them in the oven at 120 degrees pretty much like a really hot room. The moisture was out of the jars within 3 mins in the oven. Then i noticed a weird smell in the jars smells fishy almost. I'm assuming the plants are ruined and are no longer worth smoking. I put them in a zip lock bag now and have them open up in the living room out of my grow room. If anyone knows wether the plants are savable or anything. Let me know, the fungus was a typical white fungus. Thanks

2. that blows man, id throw them out, do you have pics? try posting this in the harvesting and possessing section of the grow lounge.

3. They're ruined. Throw them out.

Moldy weed can not be salvaged.

4. you should really talk this up with the growing community here. I know a 1 to 1 milk water mix spray kills mold when the plant is still alive... but really drop by the growing section and talk them up.

5. That jar he's talking about should have been opened and closed every 4 hours or so. The point of the jar is to remove moisture that way. It's curing it.