Smell?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shaawing, Mar 25, 2017.

1. I'm going to get my first grow tent and I can't find anywhere good answers on how effective filters are for smell..

I will be growing 2 autoflowers at a time (most of the time anyways, it's just what I'm planning for now) im getting a 2x4 and it will have a 200cfm fan/filter combo...

How effective are carbon filters at making it not smell? I understand it's really only a problem during flowering but would I have to worry with the small tent I will have? If I did 4 plants instead of 2 would it make a difference?

After the plant is harvested what is a good way to make it not smell then? Just leave the fan/filter on in the room I'm drying in? Should I dry in my tent maybe? I can wait a week before starting a new batch between if I need to..

The tent will be in the back room of my basement, I really just need the smell to not come upstairs.. I will plug the vent in that room to make sure that isn't a problem

2. They work.

Buy a tub of ona pro and put a fan infront of it, do this outside your tent towards the door to your room.

Dry your harvest directly in the tent.

I smoke cigs in my carbon filter and you can barley smell it outside the tent. With added ona block it's great

3. as long as you're pulling negative pressure (i.e. when the tent is zipped up, the walls pull inwards) smell shouldn't be a problem. Carbon filters are very effective, but you do need to change them every now and then. 2 plants or 4 plants, i don't think it'll make any difference. As for harvesting, you can keep it in your tent, but don't have any fans blowing directly on your buds. and you shouldn't need to plug the vent. It will smell when you open your tent though, so beware of that. at least once you get to a certain stage

• Like Like x 1
  4. will smell the worst when you go to chop and trim your plant.

Also. 2 plants max in a 2x2, maybe 3. 4 would be too crammed. Could always prove me wrong tho. I have 4 in a 3x3 and it's perfect

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yea I heared that ona works really good but I also heared that you should put it just outside the door of the room you have the grow in because it doesn't just mask smell it actually kills it so it can hurt your plants, thanks for the reply

6. I feel 2 plants in a 4x4 is too much! I know it's not, but how i grow, i like them to be able to spread out :) i personally agree with you, that 4 in that space is way to much.

7. Just to say, I do smoke in my house.. it's just me and my fiancee and most people we know are cool.. I just don't want a obvioust grow op in my house lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. wise decision. If nobody knows, that takes a whole lot of the crap away. :) happy growing!

9. I haven't really worked out all my spacing yet, I'm still learning.. but I will be doing autoflowers and a lot of them are pretty compact little bud machines that can easily fit into a 2x2 space comfortably.. like I said I will get a 2x4 tent though so I'll do 2 at a time.. I like variety lol...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Meant point the ona towards the door of your bedroom, not the door of your tent ;)

11. Lol sry