Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smell & Storage

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iTz oPiTeR, Oct 22, 2009.

1. #1 iTz oPiTeR, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2009
    Hey guys, this is an amazing community and im glad to be here (this is my first post.) Im new to owning and storing the weedy weedz although I HAVE smoked it be for. I just had a small question on storing it with minimal to no smell. My setup is as follows:

weed>
    bag>
    baby food jar w/ deoderant chunk>
    mini ziplock back w/ deoderant chunk>
    medium ziplock bag w/ deoderant chunk>
    large freezer size ziplock bag w/ deoderant chunk>
    locked drawer in my desk w/ deoderant chunks.

Im sure this will more than cover it, but I still want feedback to be sure this will 100% eliminate it or i will be sent to military school lmao.

Any thoughts? And will this surely be a way to store it sent free? (a dime)

EDIT:

Old Storage Setup -

weed>
    bag>
    baby food jar w/ deoderant chunk>
    mini ziplock back w/ deoderant chunk>
    medium ziplock bag w/ deoderant chunk>
    large freezer size ziplock bag w/ deoderant chunk>
    locked drawer in my desk w/ deoderant chunks.

Revised Setup -

Weed>
    Small Bag>
    Airtight Baby Food Jar>
    Desk Drawer W/ Scented Deodorant Chunk + Incents.

2. To begin with, imo if your hiding the weed because your going to be sent to military school.. then i would assume your hiding it from parents. secondly. i believe your underage because your parents cannot send you to military school if you 18.. thirdly, military school is not something to laugh about.

to answer your question. depending on how much bud it is play a big role in the smell. a gram wont smell in one baggy. an ounce... will typically wreak throughout about any bag. i find the best way to hind smell and also they best way to store bud. glass jar with airtight lid.

p.s. if your rents arent cool wiht pot in their house. dont bring it into their house.

3. sorry about my poor typing.. reallllly tired

4. That seems like a bit of overkill to me. You should be fine with just a few baggies and maybe a jar or a medicine bottle depending on how much weed you have.

5. Heh, i was beeing sarcastic im not actualy worried about them sending me to military school for the above said reasons. Thanks for your feedback.

6. yeah its just a dime not much at all. i only smoke evry couple weeks.

7. dime bags dont really smell if there in baggy.. if your really worried. double bag it. wont smell at all. one way to advoid this. if you only smoke every couple weeks. then only get weed when your going to smoke and dont bring any home. if thats not a possibility, then double bag and you should be allright

8. Masking the smell of a dime bag shouldnt be difficult at all.

9. Don't put a chunk of deodorant with your weed. No matter how you store it, it will end up with deodorant taste in it.

Like others have said before, a dime bag is not going to smell that much. If you are really worried about it, just store it in an airtight jar (NO DEODORANT) that will effectively keep the smell contained. Just don't put it in a jar that is way too big for the amount you have. If there is too much airspace it will just end up drying out your weed. A glass baby food jar would be decent sized for your needs.

10. Just use a Mason jar. Your setup is quite a bit of overkill. You shouldn't have any problems with smell unless you are buying bigger amounts. I normally buy an eighth at a time and just keep it in my desk drawer, my roommate never smells it. Only if I buy a quarter can he smell it.

11. #11 benthamj49, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
    Go to bed bath and beyond and buy one of those airtight little snap shut jars

http://www.allproducts.com/manufacture100/transion/product2.jpg

Hides TONS of weed and its airtight and if you buy small ones you can keep multiple strains and they're easy to conceal. Plus when you open them you get a nice waft of built up skunk its the best.

Also, people use ONA gel when growing weed to conceal the smell...if you're really stuck on the shitty bag idea, use some ONA gel to absorb the smell, deodorant isn't absorbing anything it just smells nice sometimes.

12. Lovin this idea thanks for it.