Smell less from a micro-SOG?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by tyorke, May 17, 2012.

1. Hi guys,

I was curious about whether there is less of an odor control issue growing say 10 really small plants (like start flowering when only a few inches tall) versus one or two large two-three footers. I would think so, since you could grow the mini ones in a smaller space and so there's less air you'd have to filter (and so any system you had would be more efficient).

Sorry for the noob question...I'm just trying to figure out a small-scale perpetual grow for, ahem, personal use :D.

2. Flowering plants smell that's all there is too it. Check out some of DIY carbon filters on here. I made 2 for 35 dollars (plus cost of fans), work great.

3. yep, pretty much all plants are gonna stink...there might be a few strains out there that smell less...but I don't know of any :)

I try to think it by weight...an oz worth of weed is gonna produce the same amount of stink whether it comes off one plant of you get a gram off 28 little tiny ones...same amount of smell ime. As SichuanPanda said, there's alot of great tuorials on how to build small carbon scrubbers. My favorite is the 'wolfman zen EZ diy carbon filter' ...I guess one of those could filter about an oz or 2 for a good few months. It's always good to have some backup airfreshners around though too ;)

4. It would be the same unless u grow LESS of the small ones but 2 plants yielding 40 grams is gonna smell the same as 40 plants yielding one gram