Smell and taste of my bud

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SilentVigil420, Feb 26, 2018.

1. So about a week or so ago, My AK-47 auto was ready to be harvested, with about 25-30% amber trichomes, I hanged them up to dry (maybe it’s relevant to say that because of the climate where I live and the dry air we have, they dried really fast and were dried to the point of crumbling after like 2-3 days) then I threw them into a mason jar to cure for about 2-3 weeks. I also burp it everyday to try and draw more flavor out. But yesterday I got too eager and tried a small bud, and it smelt grassy and tasted like sheet. I don’t think it was the nutes I used though, because I had actually flushed this plant a bit earlier than I wanted to (again first time eager grower) and made sure to throw in an extra gallon or two of water to make sure it was flushed good. So i’m wondering what is actually making my bud smell and taste like that. I really wanna get that under control so in the future my bud isn’t like this.

2. U have to control the cure . Without control your bud will always taste like shit [​IMG]

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

3. To master the cure takes lots of practice. Them drying to fast trapped tons a clorophly in the flowers and that is y u have a grass smell. Next time try them in the jar a day or two sooner. If they r drying to fast u can also try the paper bag method wich will slow the dry down a couple days for sure. If i was u I would set up a drying area were u can control ur temp and rh. That plays a big role in the end product. Once the flowers r dry the cure is done and there in no way to start it back up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Make it a sloooooowwwwwwwwwwww dry and cure process. 10-14 day dry if you can. But at least 5-7 days. 2-3 week cure after.

• Like Like x 1
  5. with 2 grows under my belt I can say mine dry in 3 days and smell and taste like grass its rank, bang a boveda humidity pack in 62% and it hydrates them. mine taste and smell gorgeous. boveda packs are brilliant.

• Agree Agree x 1

6. Like the others said, it's all about the cure. If it dries too fast it ends up like hay.
    You could try the humidity pack, but otherwise don't wait even as long as 2-3 days and get that weed in a container after 24 hours. Sometimes I use a large plastic tub (like a storage box) so there's plenty of space and quite airy but traps the humidity, burp it like a giant jar to slow the drying process down then transfer it to smaller jars after about a week or so. Sounds like your weed would be dry and smokeable 3-4 days after harvest, when you want it to be physically too moist to smoke for 5-7 days before they even start the curing process.