Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

small seed germination problem

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by greenman65, Jun 15, 2012.

1. hey guys, I'm brand new to this site so forgive me if this kind of question belongs somewhere else. I have a small problem with this seed I've germinated so I thought I would come here. I germinated the seed over the past couple days and today I pulled it out and it looks fine except that the white root is really long, I might have left it in the jar too long, can I cut it or do I just bury it a little deeper than normal seeds?:confused::confused:

2. It's literally no problem, a longer root means nothing bad. Infact i'd say it's good if it's only been 2 days.

It's not dead, just plant it, wait a few days and wait for the lil' gal to pop up.

3. You want the tail looking thing to come out, if the leafy looking part pops out of the seed its too late. Once you have the root coming out of the seed plant it root down a little under the soil. Worse that can happen is the seed will just sit in the soil and do nothing. If it doesn't sprout by 4-5 days you should consider new seeds.

4. thanks guys, I've planted her and shes growing great so far, popped up today

5. May I ask what strain?

6. I'm not actually sure, its a seed I got from some weed I bought several months ago and that was some no-name stuff. I can post a thread about the bud when its ready and maybe some one here will know what it is.

7. No problem, it will just root better.
    And remember, cannabis roots like to grow down, not circumfrently (if that makes sense to you, not even sure it makes sense to me how I phrased it) aka don't like to grow around the soil but deep down into it.
    so make sure you have AT LEAST a 5 gallon bucket, more if u can afford the space.