Small Low Power Grow Box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ausmicro, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Hi guys,

I have finally decided to take the dive into growing some of my own bud and i'd like to make a start with an easy low cost low space hydroponic setup.

My plan is to make a small reflective box with a few computer fans and a 50W LED grow light that i have purchased from e-bay.

I have a questions that i would like to get some opinions on;

Is my LED going to be big enough? Does anyone have any experience using cheap LED lights? (Keep in mind i intend to grow a very small plant that will be pinned down to keep it low)

Hydroponics;

What growing medium is recommended? I was hoping to use some rock wool that i have lying around and purchase some perlite to surround the rock wool.

Can anyone recommend a good cheap NPK nutrient mix that is available online. Also do i need to to bother with calcium, magnesium or any other nutrients?

I would appreciate any info that people can provide and I will keep you all updated with my build/grow pics

Cheers

2. 50w led won't get you much of a solo plant, but it will give you something. Soil is far cheaper and easier to grasp than hydro man

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I think i have got my head around the hydro part and i'm pretty keen on building my own system with some cheap parts i've found on e-bay and $2 shops in the area so it's not gonna cost me too much. I'm thinking of putting another CFL in to bump up the power 

4. I grow LED but not cheap LED, I use a 300w to veg and a 1200w to flower myself, look at the 90w UFO led if you want a cheap led grow light

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum