Small Hydro Grow Problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by IrishVices, May 13, 2014.

1. Hey guys,

I am about 45 days into my autoflower purple cheese grow and just recently(day 43) ran into some issues. Some of my leaves are dropping/limping, and on some of my new growth on the lower parts of the plant are going brown and almost curling. See the attached pics. This started out as a small hydro pc grow, and then I said fuck the pc and just let it go. That is why my closet set up is far underpar as I was not prepared at all for the switch. I have 4 reflective panels that surrounds the plant when the closet it shut to trap light that you can not see in this pic. But regardless

I did the switch about 2 weeks ago now, and have had no issue prior to this. Everything has been going well. 

Just running a simple deep water culture hydro in a single gallon bucket. Running 120 watts of cfl(6400k) for flowering, temp is 75 average, humity, 38-42%, ph is 5.8, running a mix of general hydroponics flora nutrients, ratio is 12-21-15.

Any help would be great!

Attached Files:

2. I dont do DWC but what is the EC.

3. #3 tokenginger, May 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
    Pull up GH's flora series Drain to Waste schedule. Follow week 6 for your 3 main parts. And buy more lights lol. Also whats your ventilation like. A small closet might get stuffy as she gets bigger.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. ditch the panels around it and give it air, dont box it in.

5. ok thanks guys for the help! I think I was also beginning to develop some root rot(had some browning in the roots) which I have just begun treating along with adjusting my nutrient levels and removing the panels!! ill follow up to show how it turned out!

Recreate a nice tropical environment an the plants will reward you by growing like crazy.

7. #7 GoldGrower, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    Why are you giving it 12/12? If you have it on 24/0 you will get twice the growth.

What are your roots like? How many litres is your reservoir? And how many litres of air per minute are you pushing through it?