Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Small Hairs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by StillBlazing123, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Just picked up off a guy who's usually pretty good. Only thing is when i'm here busting up this bud i'm finding hairs (or what I think to be hairs). I don't think it's human/pet as they're is a bit IN every nug (only small popcorn nugs).

- Not the orange hairs.

The hairs are very thin and white/transparent in colour. They appear to run through the nug (when pulling it out you can see it comes out)

Some are quite short, others a decent length. I understand that this could be spider mites and this would be the web, but I was thinking that'd be more of a web than just the odd hair?

I understand it could also be perfectly normal, but just thought I should get some response first.

Thanks

2. Instead of describing it.. You could post a picture. Lol pictures really do speak a thousand words

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yeah I do understand that, but it's a bit tricky to take a picture of tiny, nearly transparent hairs...

I'll try later with a DSLR to see if I can make it out

4. Does it look like a thin string of plastic?
    I've had that happen, and it sounds just like what you described.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 StillBlazing123, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    I would say so, it's just a very thin strand that is white/translucent and curls a bit?

6. Yeah every time I got a sack that had those I took the time to carefully remove them

I'm doing the same thing! Still wish I knew what it was haha

8. Yeah, you'll never figure out what it is lol.
    I really dont know what the hell it is, I burned a piece a while back and it smelled like plastic to me, dunno how the hell that managed to get lodged in and around the buds, but it seems to be something that just happens every now and again.
    I thought it was tiny threads from those things (sorry for my lack of growing tool terminology), that growers use to keep the plant from falling sideways.

9. Like in this pic.
    Just seems like a logical possibility

Attached Files:

10. #10 bigcat13, Apr 23, 2014
    Those hairs are fine, they even contain things that get you high (in a good way) it can be anything from a trichome overgrowth on a stem to a standard marijuana hair
    Even your body hair will randomly grow a hair abnormally long sometimes
    If its bigger than a spider's thread (noticeably) don't smoke it

11. Oh thats re-assuring, on the last bit though, do you mean if the hairs are larger than that of a spider (house spider?) then don't smoke it, or were you getting at something else?

thanks

12. Lol if its bigger than a spider I'd be worried haha. He meant a spiders thread like what they make spider webs with

13. #13 p42082, Apr 23, 2014
    I would say the grower grew it using a scrog method and so you have fibers within the bud. This is just one possibility

Edit.. Sorry, sort of already been mentioned.

14. I don't know what it is, but I've seen a few posts on here about the same thing

15. I once saw the same thing before!

16. Like if its a string, dont smoke it, if that makes sense. But if its tiny like you described, its safe

17. Ah I see, yeah it is tiny. It just breaks apart if you put any pressure on it at all. I've got some other shit now, so all is good!