small grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by SHUGNDEBS, Dec 4, 2018.

1. i have been smoking for over 30 odd year and decided that it costed me a lot of money so i have decided to start a small grow as i have limited space 35 inch long 28 inch wide and 31 inch high and have two seedlings in it with just a street light and plan to add a small fan to it but they are doing great but i would like some advice to get these wee buitys to there full potenial for the space av got so any advice i would be very grateful thanks.

2. Hi mate, welcome.
    When you say street light.... What are we talking exactly? It may be enough for 2 x seedlings but if you want any decent growth/yield, then you need to invest in a good high quality light (HPS/LED)
    You will also need decent air circulation (intake/exhaust/fans) not to mention decent nutrients at some point. Also your seedlings photos/autos?

Can you give us a little more info on your set up?

3. unless you do a crap-ton of training, that's not going to be tall enough when you push her into the 12/12 stretch.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ya agree you gotta have air ventilation and the right lights. Youll also want to start figuring out a training technique to make that space work. It can be done but you wont get any record breaking harvests.

5. Unless you are growing Autos?

6. yeah as long it isn't a mephisto auto or something, they grow massive lol

7. hi PAOLO1981 THANKS FOR THE ADVICE I HAVE A 2FT TRIDONIC LED LIGHT YES IT IS A STREET LIGHT BUT IT IS BRIGHT ENOUGHT FOR A GROW AM SURE AND THERE IS HEAT OFF IT TOO I ALSO STARTED TRAINING WITH WHAT I HAVE WATCHED AND READ SO I LIGHTLY PULLED THE STEMS OF THE SEEDLINGS DOWN WITH PIPE CLEANERS VERY VERY CAREFULLY AND THE WEE BEUTIES ARE HEADING FOR THE LIGHT AGAIN SO ANY ADVICE AT ALL I WILL SERIOUSLY CONSIDER BUT I DONT HAVE A LOT OF SPACE AS I SAID IN MY PREVIOUS POST AND THE SEEDLINGS ARE ON THERE FORTH SET OF LEAVES SO WHEN DO I VEG

8. [​IMG]

but seriously, your street light may work to start, because the seedlings don't need a ton at the beginning to get going. You're going to hurt your output unless you get grow-specific bulbs or LEDs.

You will have to keep training them. Pull them down and let them grow up again. The nice thing is this will result in them growing horizontally a lot. Keep training! You're on your 4th set of leaves which means the 5th set of leaves are starting to come in. If you haven't topped yet, now would be a good time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. As said above mate - You WILL need a decent grow light VERY soon! No point doing all this training etc and then not have a decent grow light.....I go as high as 660w (HPS) in flower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 250w hps would probably be too hot in there unless he had it in a cool tube. I would think cfl or led are the way to go for him.

11. Hlg65 for the light would kill that space.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1