Small grow space help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CaliBuds777, Jan 18, 2011.

1. I'm looking to try growing for my first time. I have about 2-3 feet wide by 2-3 high to work with. This would be in my closet.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

2. A CFL grow might be what you are looking for. I have a plant flowering inside an old PC case right now, and it is thriving in it's small space of 1 1/2 ft x 2 ft confines using CFL bulbs.

Here is a link to a CFL grow guide.

Also, you might want to check out the beginners section of the Marijuana Cultivation forum.

Hope this helps a little.

3. I'm no grow guru, but I am planning to start a small grow and the best idea I think I've had so far is to use topiary to shape the plant into growing in a spiraling upwards shape. That way I can let it grow for a while while still staying in my height restraints.

4. Will it make my closet smell? I'm worried about that.

5. odor will always be an issue with any mj grow. carbon filters and ventilation are your main options. ionizing lights help along with ozone generators. im in a similar situation as i too have a small grow are (27"x32" base, 27"h). i would imagine smaller spaces are easier to control odor, gl bro

6. Will it smell? YES.

If your growing in a closet you want to keep the grow areas light and air contained. If your trying to grow on a shelf you might want to look at making some sort of "cabinet" area around it to control everything and to give it some stealth.

Browse the DIY area for carbon scrubbers to reduce or eliminate the odor. And when you get to flowering you'll be looking to keeping outside light from entering your grow area so look into it now too....

Good luck and grow green my friend!

7. Is it going to make just the closet smell or the room?

Where is the best place to buy seeds?