Small Greenhouse specifically for auto's..

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by Joshua Bethany, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Hi all.this is my first post. Excuse my lack of knowledge...their is a lot to learn, and this was my first year of growing. After a successful first harvest..that saw me grow 4 indica strain plants and yield over 2 lbs after dried outdoors..I want to keep a year round or partially year round grow going. I have been considering a small greenhouse to grow 3 to 5 auto's in. However, I am not quit sure which ones to get or how big I need to get.. I will grow my mains in a small blinded back yard structure I made in june..but I want to put up a greenhouse to grow a few auto's during the colder months..I know I need an LED (don't know how big), a small space heater, and some fans. However...not sure what to do for a pre made green house Any suggestions? I can't grow inside either...no space at all..

2. I'm constructing a green house for auto's myself using 4×2 and commercial greenhouse plastic 98% light. A first for me also the reason is to grow well into autumn and avoid bud rot I'm thinking it will need excellent air flow to avoid massive heat and hunidity also I'm thiking of adding solar tubes on top to increase light which will include acyrilic dome and diffuser say 400mm dia × 500mm height made with tin and lined with mylar reflective film. I don't think I will go into winter tho.

3. cmon guys pics or it didn't happen ...lol

good luck to you both ..lol

4. There are seeds you can buy that you can grow in the cold. I just harvested my plant in the Melbourne, Australia winter. These are some of the plants you can grow in the cold. Pakistan Chitral kush, Crimea blue, Sweet Afghani Delicious. Autos, Black Jack Auto, Blue Amnesia Auto, six shooter auto and Critical Neville Haze Auto. I will be growing in a small greenhouse as I use cannabis oil in conjunction with essential oils for all my clients. I’m hoping to find some great tips as I’m usually just grow 2-3 plants, the one I just harvested I didn’t plant until well into autumn just to see if it would grow.

5. Store bought green houses look too expensive for me. I have to operate on a shoe string. Over the years I've upped my game a piece at a time. I live in a micro climate that is usually fogged out. That's my reason for a green house. Drizzling fog that looks like recent rain.
    Maybe what I'm doing will spark some new ideas in your head. Whatever you can make work for you at your house.
    I use large CFL's inside a bucket for supplement light.
    Currently it takes $100 worth of plastic rolls and I get 2 summer growing seasons from the plastic. (normally)
    The lights are on a timer and only used to prevent the plants from flowering. I don't use the light for growing.

I'm at the beach in So, Cal and I can grow in the winter. But cooler temps and less available sunlight makes everything grow noticeably slower. I don't use any heater or anything like that. Just a few hours of light bulb while I keep the plant in veg. Shut the lights off to flower.
    Winter is when I grow to make new seeds. Because I don't need to grow a monster plant to get seeds. A 2'-3' plant in a bucket will yield a few hundred seeds. A 4' tall plant in a bucket will yield 1,000+ seeds easily.
    Anyways, what ever green house you end up going with, maybe this will give you some ideas to run with.
    Have fun.

• Like Like x 1