Small buds lots of sugar leaf

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by to3y, Oct 25, 2017.

1. First time grower cut my plants down yesterday.. It might have been a tad early, but i got tired of my neighbors dog from eating them.

After a light trim and hanging them.. I am seeing lots of sugar leaves, coated in trichomes, but very small buds. I dont know if this a characteristic of the strain ( Platinum cookies ) or an issue with my grow along the way.

My buds don't look as huge as the photos you guys are posting... I am wondering if after they dry, if there will be much left.

Do some harvests yield small buds? Is this normal? Should trim the sugar leaf down a little more? Should I throw it all into my bubble hash bag?

Attached Files:

2. The plant didn't have the root structure to support the topside weight so it didn't develop big nugs....

3. I use turnip nutes in veg Picture1024171449951.jpg then fert teas thru flower

4. I should have added more nutrients in veg? What type of fertilizer during flower?
    Any other tips for healthier roots next time? I had them in 5 gallon containers.

5. bigger containers I use nutes developed for root veggies in veg and about 4 nutes tea recipes and the terpinator for flower

6. It does kinda look like you chopped early, the final weeks are when the buds really start to fatten up