Small brown and black spot

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deros, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Can anyone tell me whats the problem with this little plant? 1454335239821.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #3 GoldGrower, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
    If those are the only signs of it then I wouldn't worry. But I don't know what it is. I have never had it myself. I'm guessing a fungus. What is your humidity? Do you have a fan blowing on the plant?

I would keep an eye on it to see if it gets worse, and if it does then I'd amputate that leaf. If it doesn't get worse, then I'd ignore it

3. Alright thanks for the advice.
    I do have a fan blowing on it, and a rigged box fan pulling air out of the box.
    I dont have a humidity checker at the moment. Getting one Thursday.
    If it gets worse ill amputate. Im probably just paranoid with this being my first growth.

4. Being paranoid isn't always a bad thing, it's good to spot things early

• Like Like x 1
  5. It has spread to another leaf. I will amputate them tomorrow. Is it best to do this when the lights come on or when the lights are about to go off?

6. it doesn't matter what time of day. Sorry I can't offer much advice on this one, I have never seen this before

7. Did you maybe get some water on the leaf , although its not really looking like a burned leaf

Check out my grow report
    https://youtu.be/XrqtYNDulSc

8. Lol at amputate... cutting off one leaf doesn't solve the problem ( if there even is one). Looks like a water drop or 2 got on the leaf and that is what caused it.

9. There is no problem that I can see. Looks like the tip of that little leaf might have a touch of burn on it, but that's nothing unusual for a plant that size. Look....these are weeds and aren't nearly as delicate at most people believe when first starting out. No nutes, pH'd water only until this plant gets MUCH older....like a few weeks down the road after it's had time to use up the nutes that are in the soil fresh from the bag. Let it dry out between waterings...and I do mean DRY OUT! These things don't like moist conditions around the roots and need to dry out between watering/feeds. Keep the pH right, give them good grow medium and environment and make sure your water/feeds are pH'd to proper range and your plant will be pretty healthy overall. TWW

10. There is a fungus called black spot that looks just like that. I have never known it on marijuana, but I have never seen this before either, and I have been growing for over 20 years. If it was fungus and began to spread over the leaf it would definitely be worth removing it so it doesn't spread to the rest of the plant. So it could solve the problem and if the leaf if going to be consumed by fungus anyway, you may as well get rid of it

11. He's referring to the black spots. A wanted plant by definition cannot be a weed.

12. if he is growing in an environment that can facilitate black spot fungus then he has a bigger problems besides cutting a leaf or 2 off. That's not gonna stop the black spot from coming back. Sure it might slow it down for the time being. But yea.. if you have black fungus on your plants you need a better solution than taking a leaf or 2.

13. I dont think its burn spots because its thr lower leaves having the black dots amd spots. The higher lewbed, closer to the lights, have not a single spot anywhere.
    If it were the droplets of water on a leag, it shouldn't have spread to the other leaf the next day.
    I'm gonna rid both those leaves of existence and will keep yall updated to see if its an isolated incident or if its something with the room.
    Again, thanks for the information. Done a bunch or research but nothing teaches you like the experience.

14. [​IMG]
    Heres a pic of the top leafs and one of those black spotted bastards

15. Well yes of course, that's why I enquired about the environment, but it's still worth cutting off the infected parts if it's simple as just a leaf

16. Just a small update. The plant is doing great after offing those 2 leaves. I stunted the growth a bit by slightly root locking it in the solo cup =( but after transferring it. The plant is doing rather well.

• Like Like x 1