slowing down time??

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Natural Mystic, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Ok, so last night me and my friend just finished smoking a j, and we start walking back to his place. So while we were both pretty stoned and walking pretty fast, but then im just like "why are we walking so fast? lets just slow down" and as i was saying that we both just started to walk slower and it seemed to slow down time. And everything gets a lot warmer and everything around us felt heavier i guess.

So do you think thats slowing down time? or does it have something to perception of time???

2. oh man, don't get me started on walking whilst stoned.. it's a freakin' mission, a challenge.. i either walk too fast, too fast, or really really retardedly (like take a step too fast and continue regular rhythm).. i think way too much when i walk, like i try to look normal and it's always on my mind.. i probably look like a robot when i walk stoned..

about slowing down time, i don't know what to say about that.. but it's an effect that cannabis has.. chronic tokers don't experience it too often until they have a break.. when they start up again, they definitely feel the time slowdown..

3. i actually felt that this mornign when i waked and baked. it was the 3rd bowl i had smoked in 2 weeks, the other two being yesterday. it was cool to the max yo. (i feel like the only appropriate smiley right here would be one of those anime dudes giving the peace symbol for some odd reason)

4. When i walk stoned i walk hella fast and cant slow down then i start tryin to slow down and i cant.

5. "slowing down time" as you describe it is a meditation technics for buddhists monks!
    take the time to feeeeeeeeeeeel the moment....