SlOwHaNdS 2007 Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by slowhand04, Jul 23, 2007.

1. well i decided after hearing all your opinions to let it grow for a couple more weeks, my friend took a look at my plant it deffinetly needs more time. but ill try and keep everyone here updated.

2. finally, after many weeks of waiting i was able to reap what is mine. Here are some pics of the plant before i chopped it( sorry there arent better pics of the plant as a whole but i wanted to spend as little time as possible there) a pic of some nice buddage and what i harvested in total. I thought there would be more actually but im sure its more than an ounce and thats ok with me, i wont know its final weight till its finished drying. Ive been drying it under a fan for about two days. Ive smoked some by using a microwave to quick dry it and its got me high, i want to wait till its completely dried to make any judgements about the quality of the toke.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted to comment on a few other things, i am glad i waited till this weekend to cut it down and i think any earlier would have been too early. I cut down on the second of november(im not sure how many days of flowering tho) and there had been a couple frosts in the area but it didnt seem to have any negative effect on the plant. this entire grow has also been pretty makeshift and i was almost never expecting to get anything out of it because of so many different factors. I am planning on taking what ive learned this year and im going to do something a lot more serious next season. I think the second pic almost does the bud more justice because i couldnt see all those sparkly crystals when i was just looking at it.

To all those other growers with huge yeilds of pounds or more, i dont know how you manage to trim all of that! My fingers were sticky and hurting after just that much. To those who havent chopped weed or trimmed it before LEAVE A LITTLE STEM TO HOLD ON TO SO YOU CAN TRIM IT, I made the mistake of cutting of the bud right at the node and it makes it difficult to cut off the little leaves.

Also i was thinking of putting some orange peels in the jars when the bud is curing, how should i prepare the peels and how long should i put them in( i assume put them in only once the bud is dry).

One last question for anyone who reads this far, i saved the fan leaves and the trimmings and i wanted to make some green dragon. does anyone know if this works with leaves? if you do please post a link or recipe.

Thx again Slowhand

3. /bump

C'mon you guys, been a week and no one has commented on my bud harvest. Give me some responses i dried it out and it was actually only a little over an o and a half but it smokes real nice after drying for a few days!

4. ah green dragon. i think that you could make some good green dragon with the trimmings and a handle of rotgut. nice harvest dude.

5. thats a nice harvest bro, congratulations on ur success. I live in the NY/NJ area and ill be starting a bagseed grow when it gets warm again, so pumped.

6. think they look great dude.