slow seedling start

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thatguy420, Mar 15, 2009.

1. I got two Strawberry haze seeds about a week into growing, both of which are still under two inches and are developing their first set of real leaves..how long on average should it take to get those developed so i see a real plant starting to grow? Ps im using a 400 watthps and ff of in 5 gallon buckets

2. With the amount of light you are using I would say you have another 2 or 3 weeks before it really begins to root well and take off.

3. It usually takes about a week after they pop out of the dirt for them to develope true leaves.

Are you saying you have them in a 5 gallon bucket already? If so, you may want to start them in smaller pots. It's good to have the roots completely fill a container, then transplant to a slightly larger one, then finally to your 5 gallon bucket. Your rootball will be much denser, which will result in a bigger plant = more yield.

4. mm strawberry haze never heard of but good luck

5. By 5 gallon bucket do you mean a 5 gallon bubble bucket ? cause i am also about 9 days into my first bubble bucket grow (using a afghan kush seed and some power skunk) after 9 days mine are also under two inches and only have 4 leafs

6. sirsloth... what should I do then Im a little nervous about transplanting to a smaller bucket now... also ive been checking the pH different spots in the pot are reading different. The leaves look slightly yellow i was wondering if slow start could have to do with pH ive been putting upper in it to get the pH at 6.2

7. hey, got any pics?

8. no i wish i did

9. Measure pH by the runoff water. If you probe the soil, you could hit a piece of perlite or guano or something else. Soil's got different parts man...

If a 2" seedling is trying to find a pH happy medium with the right amount of air and water in a huge 5 gallon bucket, where the pH has been altered seems like an uphill battle to me. Yellowing sounds like something's probably locked out... If I were you, I'd get an accurate pH reading and then get it corrected asap.

BTW it'll probably help by getting it into a smaller pot when it comes to getting pH back on track too. I'm not sure if pH down or flushing it would be best at this point. Good luck.

10. Smaller pot, now. Before the roots get too long to do it. Just loosen the soil up a little bit and they should come out.

I do have a question myself though regarding the strain. I too, have never heard of "strawberry haze" however my friend acquired some of what he said was strawberry haze and he managed to get like 10 seeds out of an oz that he bought. I smoked some of it and I LOVED the taste, the high wasn't too bad but I know that I can grow it better (seed free, at least). I was just wondering if anyone had some information on the strain, such as flowering times?

Now, here's the tricky part for me. Haze is indica, no? The weed had a total sativa high. Anyone else know what it could be, if not strawberry haze? Its strawberry something for sure, the taste is indisputible.

11. The Attitude sells it
    Green House Seeds Arjan Strawberry Haze Feminised
    http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/green-house-seeds-arjan-strawberry-haze-feminised-2985-p.asp
    Genetics:
    Swiss sativa, NL5 Haze Mist.
    Effect:
    Very mild body effect, strong cerebral high. Very creative and social. Voted best strain at the Green House V.I.S. Smoking Panel 2005.
    Flowering indoor:
    Most growers harvest after 10 weeks. A week longer will allow maximum flavor. Yield 500 to 600 gr/sqm.
    Flowering outdoor:
    Ready around end of October in the Northern hemisphere; around end of May in the Southern. Yield up to 800 gr/plant.
    THC: 20.4%
    CBD: 1.2%
    CBN: 0.9%