Slow growth

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by _B_, Mar 12, 2020.

1. I’ve had these plants growing for almost three months now and their growth seems heavily stunted. I’ve been feeding them as they dry but takes days to dry.

Ive been feeding em Floranova grow at 400ppm w/ silica and ph’d to 6.0
    Room stays mid to high 70’s and about 70%RH

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Feed it everyday. Dont let it dry out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Make sure you get runoff out the bottom and avoid dry spots, make sure all the coco gets wet and stays wet daily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Not much of a change so far

5. #6 Deleted member 1116507, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2020
    It could / should be blooming already look...bloomed and done in 12-13wks is what it couldv been..needed more light look by now...or are u mothering her for some cuttings...12/12 asap.

6. Will take a week roughly to recover mate. You've fried her with the dry cycle. Causes nutes to build up and stunts growth.
    Check the ppm of the run off. It shouldn't be any higher than the nutes you put in.
    Ph is ok to be a couple points off in iether direction.

I suggest 400ppm nutes at ph 5.7-6.0 fed every day to run off. Be back on track in a week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I’ve just transplanted some clones recently so im free to do whatever with these plants. I can put them in flower just didn’t want to with deficiencies.

8. #9 _B_, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    [​IMG]

9. #10 _B_, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    450ppm watering everyday

10. Www.cocoforcannabis.com is a good site for you to read about growing in coco.

I’m back to Living Organic Soil now but have years of coco under my belt. Here’s a few things that I can recommend

small pots fed often at low ppms. I routinely grew in one gallon pots with 4 weeks veg then to flower in one gallon pots. Once rootbound, I fed 2-3 times a day at that point, always to runoff, and no more than 600 ppm. Harvest up to 5 ounces per plant.

if you want to veg another month, transplant to 3 gallon pots and follow the same schedule. I’ve done over a pound dry in 3 gallons of Tupur.

if you get into DTW coco, you’ll want cheap nutes too. I used Masterblend 4-18-38 granular nutes. $30 for 12.5 lbs. enough for about 2500-3000 gallons of feed. You’ll be set for awhile. Flower Fuel for after the stretch, and some overdrive to ripen. Clean water for the last week as a “flush”.

11. Awesome! I bought 1 and 3 gallon smartpots when I first started. I’ve never heard of those nutes ill have to check em out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You can get it on amazon and eBay. It’s a three part granular system. Some of the eBay listings are missing a part so be sure you get all three.

The Masterblend 4-18-38 base
    Calcium Nitrate
    Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salts)

I always mix these in a cup of hot water to help dissolve before adding to my res. I have feed charts for DTW if you end up going with this. I convinced @HardDrive to try them and he is crushing it in his DWC setup. He’s got a feed chart that he developed for DWC as well.

you don’t have to use the expensive, and well advertised nutrients to grow killer medicine. If you ever get interested in growing without nutrients, read all you can about Living Organics and Korean Natural Farming. I always had killer yields and decent product growing in coco, but Living Organics with KNF has brought out terpenes and wonderful smells I was missing.

good luck, and let me know if you need any help

13. There is the modified schedule. You don't have to run so hot if you don't want to, I'm running a bit lower now to see what happens. Looks good so far, I'll cut in a few days and will know more when the numbers are in.
    But since I took his advice on LED's and MB feed, I've doubled the weight I was getting with HID and GH 3 part.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. #15 _B_, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    I’ve been trying hydro on the side and it seems much easier lol.
    Definitely want to keep growing in coco till I get it down pretty well.

I might go ahead and try those nutes out. I’ve been running DTW just vacuuming the water out of the drain pan

• Like Like x 1
  15. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fill ye pot all the way up so no light gets to the water

17. Good eye HardDrive ... Browning will occur unless that netlid has lower cutouts.

18. #19 _B_, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    It has some cutouts but I’ll definitely be fillin it just in case.

Ordered some 1/4” fittings and soaker hose to replace my air stones with rings

19. IMG_3968.JPG

Is this plant any good?