Slow Growth

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Robinchina, Jan 27, 2013.

1. This is my first grow and was supposed to be an outdoors thing but with some crappy weather lately I decided to move inside.

Things were going ok under a 300w halogen spot light I used..which didn't get too hot but was just temporary. I've now hooked up a 600w mh which I use through the day and about 200wts of fluorescents during the night .. I've been giving them about 18hrs in total.. BUT ..looking at the growth of others in Week 2..mine seem to be really lagging behind.

One day while I was out my mother in law saw the nutes I had out and "helped me add some". That almost took the whole team down but I managed to save 2, one's half dead but making a comeback and one died completely. I've just sprouted some blue mammoth (freebie) to see how a fresh plant takes off with a better start.

You think they'll pull back and start to pick up growth soon? How long can it take for the plant to get over this kind of shock early on in their growth?

Attached Files:

2. They look too young for any nutes.

3. Lol well that's the point.. nutes weren't supposed to be given and it caused them serious damage. But theyre growing crazy slow ever since..just wondering how long this kind of shock will effect them for.

4. From what I hear as long as its growing(even slowly) Ur in decent shape. But I'm a noob. So I'm just saying what I've heard not experienced.

5. First... You cant count the time they spent under the halogen, I know you said it was temp. Its one of the worst lights you could have used. So that time was waisted. Plus if you hammered them with the nutes they will take time to recover, did you flush them out with water?

6. Hoping thats true :)

7. Yeah I flushed them as soon as I found out. New leaves are coming through and there is growth.. just extremely sluggish compared to what it was before.

8. It is, about the light. I don't know how bad you burnt them. Did you flush the out?

9. Sorry the "hope that's true" was to the first guy replying.

But yeah flushed them out right away...still the nutes were already in their system.. guess I just need to hold out and wait for them to recover under the better lighting.

Thanks for the replies.

10. your lights are overkill, those seedlings definitly need no more than 50w for now ^^
    dont feed, dont overwater, dont roast them. just be patient. do those containers even have drainage holes?

11. I've read conflicting things about the light strength but to be honest lights aren't the problem.. the temperature is steady and can too much light really be a problem?

The pots all have drainage.. today's growth has been a bit better than previously...looks like its pulling through :)

12. too much light can be a problem for plants, but thats not easy to do. its a waste of money though

13. They're growing slow because they're still seedlings and haven't reached veg yet. They're growing, just below the surface. Once they establish a root base, they'll veg.

14. I see~ I thought theyd passed that phase already. But thanks great to know ;)