Slow grow question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by les0000, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Is it normal for my one plant that was the fastest grower always bigger then the rest to sudden be the smallest ? Am I just being a silly girl and worrying to much or can there be a deeper issue ? Ph was a little high when I checked last week but nothing crazy !! There is a big difference in size 1517932986495.jpg 1517932999577.jpg 1517933007483.jpg 1517933015966.jpg

girliegrower

2. I wouldn’t worry all my plants have grown differently some are quite tall some are bushier than others all seeds out same packet too

• Like Like x 1
  3. Go outside and look. Are all the plants the same size?

4. I know I get it just weird the biggest one halted a bit

girliegrower

5. Ty so much

girliegrower

• Like Like x 1
  6. I don't think there's that much difference between them. They have about the same number of nodes pretty much just one is a bit less stretchy.
    All plants are unique (except clones) so there is always the chance two seeds of the same variety will be different. Some strains are unstable and have a variety of phenotypes, especially new strains, but other strains are very reliable and produce almost identical plants.
    So it could be perfectly normal.

However the plant at the front particularly looks heat-stressed. Is that possible?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maybe do an up-pot. Go to a one half gallon square container. You will not be disappointed when you do. Then be ready 10-14 days later to do another transplant to a 1, 2, or 3 gallon pot. I like small increment transplants, as I hate finding big chunks of unused soil in the middle of my 5 gallon pot. The more you do it the better you will get, and it becomes second nature, and truely FUN.

The fun part is seeing them explode the next day or two, when they would have just sat in suspended animation without the uppot.

Just one opinion, all situations differ.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The small one you think looks heat stressed ? This one 1517946065633.jpg

girliegrower

9. That's the smaller one

girliegrower

10. I have 2 gallon pots already filled and prepping to go in plastic ones I was then going to a 5 fabric

girliegrower

11. Not the smaller one as much actually. In the pictures where you can see all 3, a lot of the serrated leaf edges are curled up, which is usually a sign of heat stress.
    It is worth double checking the growing conditions in case you need to make some adjustments, maybe the lights are too close or something I don't know what your setup is.

12. Well the small one is in bad shape probably my fault and my temp has fluctuates a lot

girliegrower