Slow flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by vwarner, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Hey all,
    I have a question about one of my plants.
    I am used to lowryders and this particular plant is not an autoflower.
    My question is why are the bud sites so strange looking compared to most? Its not sticky or smelly. Is it simply that its just to early? Its been over a month for sure of 12/12.
    Is this just what early bud sites look like on normal plants? With my lowryder as soon as there is anything forming its sticky and smelly..?
    I am hoping something is not wrong with the plant but id love to hear your comments!
    Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. well judging by the leaf-shape, you've got a sativa dominant strain there, these usually take 1.5-2 times as long to flower as indicas...
    also the leaves on pictures 1 and 2 look to be showing a bit of troubles... HERE's a nice link that might help you diagnose the source

3. I agree with the sativa statement.

Do you have any light leaks? You prob didn't worry about that much with the autoflowering strain.

4. No, its dark when it should be for the most part.
    Its like the plant isn't producing thc as the buds really appear to have none. They should be sticky at this point shouldn't it?
    Thanks!

5. When it should be, for the most part? I'd try to get complete darkness for 12 hours. Also, this should be the time they start bulking up.

6. Thas what I thought, but this bud is not like MJ at all. Its really weird.
    Likely this huge plant will yield me no bud in the end..?

7. Gotta look into the light leaks, what kind of light are you using.

8. Well, there is no light leaks but I enter the room sometimes.
    I try to make sure its dark outside of the room, when I enter but it is not always what happens.
    I am quite sure that incorrect PH is causing the problems but to not form proper bud??
    Heres a couple pics so you can see a little more of the room...
    Hard to tell but the four footer in the back is a Hilimilayan Gold. The other big one that is tied down is the plant in question..
    Cheers

Attached Files:

9. Oh yeah, by the way, its a 430 Philips Son Agro...
    Cheers

10. As far as I know, most regular (non-autoflowering) plants take at least 7-8 weeks to fully develop, sativas take longer.. Just give it time.

11. you could also try adding something with high phosphorus content to your feeding solution, this helps during the second half of flowering

12. You don't have enough light! Look at that. What do you have like 8 or more plants under 1 400w bulb? No you need at least 1000w for that many plants, sorry to burst your bubble. Make your space a little smaller, reduce the # of plants and throw up some mylar. you'll be good to go in no time.

13. Indeed, but how come the others are doing fine. The plant in question is the closest to the light. If that was the prob. I would see it in the others too I would think...

14. Well, 26 actually. :smoking: