Slightly Stoopid

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by herbnes, Mar 28, 2009.

1. #1 herbnes, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    Hey everyone I been listening to Slightly Stoopid for bit and wanted to let everyone know that if you haven't listened to this band then you must do so the next time your toking!
    If you do know of this band and listen to them then whats your favorite song(s) and how did you come across of them? Whats your comment on this band?

My favorite songs are "This Joint" and "Everything You Need" and "Close to the sun"

2. I love Slightly Stoopid...fav song: closer to the sun

3. hard to pick a favorite song, i would say collie man though is my alltime favorite

4. #4 SmokinGirly, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFk5k3HG3MA"]YouTube - 2am (Official Music Video)[/ame]

OMFG I love Slightly Stooooooooooooopid

Ive seen em live 3 times and they rock
    They remind me sooooo much of high school and whenever I listen to them memories come back and I feel like crying :)

They're pretty close to my heart

watch the vid its kinda cool and the song is :love:

5. Great to listen to while blazed:cool:

6. I always thought slightly stoopid was a great band to listen to getting stoned. I reminds me of Sublime though for some reason, they both have some kind of relevance I think. Or it might be just because they're both Cali bands so I just think that:D

7. Bradley Nowell from Sublime signed Slightly Stoopid.
    My favorite song is probably "No Cocaine" or "Collie Man"

8. I just started to get into them. Heard "Killin Me Deep Inside" the other day on the satellite while stoned and that was enough for me. Sick ass bassline

9. sick sick sick sick.sick. band.
    -theblazed

10. im listenin to this shit for the first time, and i have to admit i can listen to closer to the sun all night...

11. Haha thats a great song, glad you finnaly got to hear them.

Really? I never knew that, thats pretty cool though.

12. Just saw them live in grand rapids and I have to say...

THEY FUCKING BLEW!

I love stoopids down to earth chill songs. but every fucking one of their songs was moshing punk bull shit...
    I don't want to listen to metal when I'm completely blown out
    I just want to vibe to some chill songs.

I've lost respect for stoopid. It seems like they are tryin' to get more maintsream and strayin from their original "chill"

13. Was this for newer songs they made or something? I heard like one or two of their punkish sounding bands but I hear all the rest being chill.

14. It's rumored that they're making a punk album sometime later this year. I hope not though, their punk BLOWS compared to their reggae/chill shit.

15. i was at that show and they only played about 4 of there more punk songs. it was such an awesome set i dont know how you could complain, they played mellow mood, 2 am, collie man, waiting, officer, round the world, leaving on a jet plain, this joint, closwer to the sun, till it gets wet, fat spliffs, and babylon if falling. and theyre not tryin to get more mainstream, their more punk influenced shit is all their old shit, their 3 latest albums are all chiller, reggae influenced songs with the exception of one or two per album, punk/ska is where they started off and this is where they evolved to. this comment is so far off base

16. I found out about them from Itunes actually. I was looking at Sublime on the store and I saw them on a side bar. I heard Closer to the Sun and I was hooked. If you don't have it yet get Acoustic Roots its off the fuckin hook man. Collie man, fire shot, and couldn't get high are awesome on that record.

17. I got acoustic Roots, but I'm not such a fan of that album.

18. ive been a major stoopidhead for a while now. i dont understand why people dont like their punk stuff, longest barrel ride is a really good cd in my opinion. gotta love chronicitis though that cd was killer

19. Longest Barrel Ride was a terrible album in my opinion, I don't like punk music at all. BUt Chronicitis was a great cd though.:smoke:

20. i agree their punk songs suck, but i love everything else.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFGmnJQ_BF0]YouTube - Slightly Stoopid-Closer to the Sun[/ame]