Slight THC Overdose

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by billybob10110, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Yeah,sounded pretty crazy to me too. Considering word on the street is that you have to smoke 20,000 joints in an hour to overdose on the stuff.

Heres some backup info,I'm 18 and I live with my mom still. I have friends come hang out to smoke on weekends,and my mom is pretty cool with it because she smokes herself.(We've never smoked together,just not our thing.) Well my friend who was new to smoking,this would be his third time,came over to hang out. We'll call him T. My friend K was there too.

So T is one of those guys who just get progressively more annoying the more he smokes. And K thought that if he got him high enough that he would stop talking. So I load T a bowl topped with some Kief,he hits it,and mentions how it tasted different and was giving him a different high because of the kief. He also coughed a lung when he hit the kief so he didn't really want to do that again. Anyway,me and K pressure T into another hit because hes still talking. I told T that I wouldn't put kief on it. So T says that he'll be right back and just needs a glass of water before his next hit. While he was out of the room,K told me to put kief on the hit as a joke,so I did. T hit the bowl,coughed up his second lung,and then didn't say anything for the next hour and a half. He just had his head strung low and looked like he was way too high.

After the first hour of silence,K tells T to sit up for a sec to make sure hes okay. The very second T raises his head,he throws it back between his knees and pukes up his Taco Bell dinner. Me and K were freaking out! " NO WAY YOU JUST GREENED OUT!"

It was funny and everything,but its not very often you get someone so high they puke. I tell T to go to the bathroom,and he does so without saying a word. Me and K were talking about what the fuck just happened while T was out of the room,and K reminded me that I needed to clean that shit up.(Which I was almost perfectly content doing,considering it was pretty much my fault,and my house.)

T comes back and asks to lie down on the couch in my room,which K was sitting on. Well,he didn't ask so much as just flop right down on it and close his eyes. T was lying right on Ks jacket so he asked him to get up for a second. THE SECOND T SITS UP,HE THROWS UP 3 TIMES IN A ROW ON THE FUCKING FLOOR. I told him that he was cleaning that shit up himself,and that he would feel fine in an hour.

So K leaves the house out of pure disgusted-ness,and I go get T some paper towels. I make him clean it up and then once he was done I said I'd go downstairs to reward him with some cookies,and to settle his stomach. So I leap out of my seat in my room,down a flight of stairs around the corner into my kitchen,and my mom is in there making coffee.

I reach up for my cupboard,pull out the cookies,and PASS OUT. I assumed it was just some major headrush from standing up and running down the stairs quickly,plus the factor of the puke making me nauseous. My mom rushes to my side,thinking I'm overdosing on ecstasy or some shit, (Haven't touched anything other than weed in my life) and her freaking out must have given me an anxiety attack or something,because I started sweating from every pour in my body. I felt nauseous and dizzy. My mom was pressuring me with questions. "Are you drunk?Are you on drugs?" I wasn't really able to answer her with anything more than "No. No. Im fine"

Well she told me she was calling an ambulance. I REALLY didn't want to get an ambulance called on me for whatever the hell this was, as I tried to talk my mom out of it. Well,too bad,she called it anyway. My friend was still upstairs cleaning,and had no idea what was going on. The ambulance came,and they asked me if I was on any drugs,etc etc.By this time I had stopped sweating and was essentially normal. They said I was looking much better than described beforehand,but I should go to the hospital with them. So I had to hop in the back of this ambulance,get those sticky things stuck to my chest to check my heart,the clip thing on the finger,and a 20 minute ride full of the ambulance drivers asking "So you smokin dope,boy?"

I get to the hospital and wait 5 hours for my turn. My mom and my grandma were there as well. I get into my room and they make me walk a straight line,follow a light with my eyes,flip my hands upside-down, and a few other things that seemed like reaction tests.

Well they determined that I was 100% okay,but should cut back on smoking weed. My mom of course made a whole scene of this,because she honest to god thought I wasn't okay,and was appalled at how the hospital didn't run any tests.She was trying to tell the doctor how she knows a ton of people who smoke,including herself,and how it wasn't weed that did this to me. Well anyway we go storming out of the hospital,me trying to apologize to the nice doctor that my mom was screaming at on the way out. It was 5 in the morning by now,and we drive home.

After that weekend,on Monday I see T again. He had heard from my mom, who I guess went into my room after the ambulance too me away, that I went to the hospital,and he asks me if im alright. "Could ask you the same thing mate"

A week later I go in for some blood tests and a...CGI? ICG? Uhh,again,the thing with the sticky things on your chest. The blood tests came back the other day,and they determined that I was perfectly healthy,right down to my iron levels. But then they checked my THC levels,and apparently they were very very high,and they told me that I likely had a mild THC overdose.

Has anyone else had an odd experience like this? (The part about me,not my friend. Friend was just the butter on the toast.) I only smoke about 2g a day,and I always buy off the same reliable dealer.

Thanks for reading!

2. Nah, u didnt get a THC overdose. You just got up too fast and ran down the stairs and it made the lighthead feeling you usually get turn into passing out. Its happened to me before.

I was with 3 friends and we were going to jump off a closed bridge into water with a really hard current. I jump in my first time and i swim harder than ive ever swam before to shore, i go back up to the bridge and sit on a concrete block next to the edge. While sitting my breathing got really heavy, then everytihng went white then to nothingness.

What happened was i passed out, hit my head on concrete with my full weight on my head, flip into the water thats 40-50 feet from the bridge. My best friend jumped in and swam 10 feet under water before he saw my leg and pulled it up so he could get em to swim me to shore, in the same current we swam before. I felt like you did after waking up but worse because i hit my head.

No one smoked or drank or anything before that.

I got checked out by a my friend whose a fire fighter. He said i was fine.

I tell u what tho my friend rolled up a fat blunt for me after all that.

3. lol you just got too high simple as that, you didn't overdose you just got so high you couldn't handle it.

4. it wasn't an overdose, thats just not the correct term.

you greened out and because you mom went apeshit it caused i guess a mild freakout or anxiety attack.

Nothing that would seriously effect your health at all.

5. Sorry but I just have to say... NICE SIG!! cowboy bebop ftw!!!!

6. Yeah its impossible to "overdose"

like other poster said you're not using the correct term and in turn can lead people to believe that cannabis is actually a substance you could OD on..

I've smoked before once, younger, some really fire nug.. I just stood up and blacked out. My friends had to catch me.

7. But for real, I once smoked so much that I felt dizzy and just wanted to lay down. Sweating a lot and very anxious. I was with a guy that I barely knew, smoking in the woods on campus right before I was supposed to go and hangout with my parents, who were visiting me at school. I guess I always kind of assumed that he had put something else in his weed. Because I was feeling hella fucked up and at that point I had been smoking for a long time.

8. Yeah,it was the test doctor that used the term overdose. I thought it was fishy too.

9. taco bell..thats all u had to say.

and some times ppl that dont smoke alot yak b/c too much smoke triggers gag reflex

10. no overdose.. but i had a friend who went to the doctor and got tests done.. the doctor came back in the room telling him that he had "Toxic amounts of THC in his system".. he just started laughing at him. :smoke:

11. Haha man your friend was stoned as shiiiitt

One time that I greened out I was cleaning up my puke on my buddys stairs while he was in the kitchen, he comes back like ten min later and nothin was cleaned cause I just fell asleep right on the stairs with the vacuum in hand

12. yea every pothead i know that's had a blood test test positive the doctor has told them they have "toxic amounts of thc". pure propaganda

13. Not an overdose :rolleyes:

14. Not an overdose, just high as shit.
    Kief isnt something to play around with.
    Lol
    as for your puking friend, he prolly got un comfortably high, an started getting the spins a little bit and got dizzy.

You seem like you might smoke semi often, so the doctors prolly just saw that build up of old thc(what ever the scientific name for the metabolites is) and thought, "yepp he od'd"

just my 2 pennies.

15. In your case, it actually sounds like dehydration. Often when dehydrated, you can stand up and have about 6 seconds before you start falling. You can feel yourself falling, but can't do a thing except feel yourself going. :smoke:

16. Overdose, no. Your friend just got way too ripped lol